It's CSE Vs. CSIR On CNG Vs. Diesel Powered Buses

About a week ago, a CSIR study CNG-run vehicles emit dangerous nanocarbon, CSIR study finds - Times of India that the CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) powered buses are hazardous to human health as they emit fine nanocarbon particles which may lead to cancer. The study was conducted on a limited number of buses in Delhi. But this study has now been challenged by the engineers and scientists at the CSE aka Centre for Science and Environment, India. The #-Link-Snipped-# has published a press release that 'condemns' the misrepresentation of findings of the CSIR study.

The CSE release says that the CSIR study has not presented the full study and facts. It further says that misleading conclusions were projected in the public domain. CSE has acquired the actual findings which clearly indicate that the CNG run buses are not hazardous to human health.

CSE-CSIR-CNG-Diesel

CSE found out that the results of the study done by CSIR show that the emission levels of nanocarbon particles and other pollutants are very close to EURO VI emission standards. It further says that the study done by CSIR actually affirms the benefits of the CNG powered buses. The regular buses in India do not use clean diesel technology and the emissions from them are way more hazardous than those from CNG run buses.

CSE reported that the Indian diesel run buses emit typically about 600-2000 times more ultrafine particles compared to CNG buses. On the contrary, the CNG buses in India are already very close to the Euro VI emission standards which is 600 billion particles / kwhr; while the actual observation in Indian buses is just 278 billion particles / kwhr.

CSE concludes the PR confirming that India needs to transition to clean fuel as soon as possible and adapt Euro VI standards for emissions. We'd like to have opinions from our fellow engineers on this CSE Vs. CSIR debate.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

TVF Pitchers' 4 co-founders recently shared a video that is useful for real life entrepreneurs and startup owners. If you have always wanted to pitch your big idea to an...
ITU means International Telecommunication Union define the 5G for mobile network. As it has speed of 20 Gbps which is 20 times faster than 4G network. ITU conference on 5G...
Like they say, it all started over a beer. Twikster is no exception. The founder, Namrata Soni was working as an eBusiness Systems Consultant at Wells Fargo (San Francisco) in...
Is it good choice to prefer mass communication pg after graduation,from starting i am fascinate towards this and also animation,now i have passed my engineering 2015 itself in IT field..now...
Its too Risky😛 .. I got my new mobile , i started to use it..and its a android device ,now i am started to use and exploring it ..started learning...