It's Called Mindset

One of my all time favourite story (I got this around 4 years back, still its saved in my Inbox.):

As my friend was passing the elephants, he suddenly stopped, confused by the fact that these huge creatures were being held by only a small rope tied to their front leg. No chains, no cages. It was obvious that the elephants could, at anytime, break away from the ropes they were tied to but for some reason, they did not. My friend saw a trainer nearby and asked why these beautiful, magnificent animals just stood there and made no attempt to get away.

"Well," he said, "when they are very young and much smaller we use the same size rope to tie them and, at that age, it's enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe they cannot break away. They believe the rope can still hold them, so they never try to break free." My friend was amazed. These animals could at any time break free from their bonds but because they believed they couldn't, they were stuck right where they were.

Like the elephants, how many of us go through life hanging onto a belief that we cannot do something, simply because we failed at it once before? So make an attempt to grow further.... Why shouldn't we try it again?

Moral: CHOOSE not to accept the false boundaries and limitations created by the past...
Moral: YOUR ATTEMPT MAY FAIL, BUT NEVER FAIL TO MAKE AN ATTEMPT.

-CB

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    YOUR ATTEMPT MAY FAIL, BUT NEVER FAIL TO MAKE AN ATTEMPT.

very very nice.

My father always used to tell me this quote.

I always mind it.
  • Mangesh6688
    Mangesh6688
    Nice story CB.

Thanks for sharing.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Inspiring stuff!!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Nice story and nice moral 😀
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    a really good read. 😀
  • itchap
    itchap
    Very inspiring story..
  • shruti palod
    shruti palod
    Hi
    A very very motivating story.
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    very motivating and inspiring story .

now i will decide that i will face the SSB again in future ...and wil try my level best to get recommended..

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Thanks Guyz for appreciating this story. I hope atleast 10% of use will try to implement this in our day to day life.

-CB
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    some (or more i should say) of these forwards do have some good stuff.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

please suggest me any theoritical project (related to modelling and simulation) in GAS LIQUID TWO PHASE FLOW...
CEans, Lot of our folks either love the coffee produced by the vending machines or they just hate it. This club is for everyone who either hates or loves the...
HI, I received a title for FYP,it's the use of Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) air condition system in the large building in comparison to conventional air conditioning system (chilled water).However,...
hi i am a automobile student i had gone through your project collection and i would like to do button operated gear shifting for two wheelers as my last year...
AutoIt is a freeware automation language for Microsoft Windows. In its earliest release, the software was primarily intended to create automation scripts (sometimes called macros) for Microsoft Windows programs but...