IT Major Infosys Technologies To Hire 10,000 By March

IT major Infosys Technologies will start construction work on its first software development centre in West Bengal, at Rajarhat near here, in three to six months, a top company official said today.

"We have paid the money and got possession of the land. We hope to start construction work in three to six months," Infosys Technologies Executive Co-Chairman S Gopalakrishnan said on the sidelines of a CII event here.

He said in the first phase, 5,000 jobs would be created and the approximate investment would be Rs 100 crore.

He said while 35,000 professionals had been already hired so far this fiscal, another 10,000 would be hired by the end of March, 2012. The present headcount of the company is 1.40 lakh.

When asked whether Infosys would shift its focus outside the US and Europe due to the slowdown in these economies, he said, "Any shift will take time."

"We are looking at the markets of China, South Africa, Malaysia and Indonesia," he added.

Gopalakrishnan said despite the global turmoil, the IT sector has shown resilience and there have been no lay-offs.

"There would, however, be consolidation in IT sector and those who have the niche capability will survive," he said.

What do you think guys?? 😀

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, what's the source of this news? If it's TOI then I'd just ignore it. They're absolutely fantastic at publishing sensational news with no base.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Nope, the news is true. Heard the same from few friends in construction field. The real news I think is that perhaps there is stagnation in IT, Infosys wants to reach the construction field too.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, they were right with the TCS foundation stone ceremony in Nagpur. TOI gets +1.
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    Guys Do you think they stick to their words?? Means they will start their new office in west bengal within next 3-5 months.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    *pushkar*
    Guys Do you think they stick to their words?? Means they will start their new office in west bengal within next 3-5 months.
    This is not a sudden decision. People were talking about it since back. So may be they have completed initial preparation. But how does it matter even if they take a few months more to set up their office?

The_Big_K
    Okay, they were right with the TCS foundation stone ceremony in Nagpur. TOI gets +1.
    TOI is still ok. I personally hate the Nagpur Times. Why I am even mentioning it? 😐
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    yeah..

Today i heard another news of infosys that Infosys plans Infocity II - 3,000 to 5,000 employees 😀 what is this Infocity II?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The job related news are blown out of proportion. TOI sucks big time.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

APGENCO is the largest Power Generating Company of Andhra Pradesh State and is the 3rd largest Power utility (8923.9 MW) in India and has second highest Hydel capacity in theCountry...
APTRANSCO(TRANSMISSION CORPORATION OF ANDHRA PRADESH LIMITED) Is looking for Electrical/Telecom Engineers to work as Assistant Engineers! AGE: Shall not be more than 34 years as on 01.07.2011.Upper age limit will...
Dr. Rajib Mall, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT Kharagpur completely explained the Concept of Real-Time POSIX in Real-Time systems. Feel free to share your ideas and ask your...
Name: S.R.Shishir *Engineering Trade: Mechanical Engineering Location: Hazira, Surat, Gujarat *Occupation: Working at Essar Heavy Engineering Services as Assistant Manager Work Experience: 1 Month *Hobbies & Interests: Football, Mixed Martial...
Dr. Rajib Mall, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT Kharagpur completely explained the Concepts of Open Source and Commercial RTOS in Real-Time systems. Feel free to share your ideas...