CrazyEngineers
  • IT major Infosys Technologies will start construction work on its first software development centre in West Bengal, at Rajarhat near here, in three to six months, a top company official said today.

"We have paid the money and got possession of the land. We hope to start construction work in three to six months," Infosys Technologies Executive Co-Chairman S Gopalakrishnan said on the sidelines of a CII event here.

He said in the first phase, 5,000 jobs would be created and the approximate investment would be Rs 100 crore.

He said while 35,000 professionals had been already hired so far this fiscal, another 10,000 would be hired by the end of March, 2012. The present headcount of the company is 1.40 lakh.

When asked whether Infosys would shift its focus outside the US and Europe due to the slowdown in these economies, he said, "Any shift will take time."

"We are looking at the markets of China, South Africa, Malaysia and Indonesia," he added.

Gopalakrishnan said despite the global turmoil, the IT sector has shown resilience and there have been no lay-offs.

"There would, however, be consolidation in IT sector and those who have the niche capability will survive," he said.

What do you think guys?? 😀
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorDec 20, 2011

Okay, what's the source of this news? If it's TOI then I'd just ignore it. They're absolutely fantastic at publishing sensational news with no base.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • ISHAN TOPRE

MemberDec 20, 2011

Nope, the news is true. Heard the same from few friends in construction field. The real news I think is that perhaps there is stagnation in IT, Infosys wants to reach the construction field too.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorDec 20, 2011

Okay, they were right with the TCS foundation stone ceremony in Nagpur. TOI gets +1.
    Cancel
  • *pushkar*

MemberDec 21, 2011

Guys Do you think they stick to their words?? Means they will start their new office in west bengal within next 3-5 months.
    Cancel
  • ISHAN TOPRE

MemberDec 21, 2011

*pushkar*
    Guys Do you think they stick to their words?? Means they will start their new office in west bengal within next 3-5 months.
    This is not a sudden decision. People were talking about it since back. So may be they have completed initial preparation. But how does it matter even if they take a few months more to set up their office?

The_Big_K
    Okay, they were right with the TCS foundation stone ceremony in Nagpur. TOI gets +1.
    TOI is still ok. I personally hate the Nagpur Times. Why I am even mentioning it? 😐
    Cancel
  • *pushkar*

MemberDec 21, 2011

yeah..

Today i heard another news of infosys that Infosys plans Infocity II - 3,000 to 5,000 employees 😀 what is this Infocity II?
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorDec 21, 2011

The job related news are blown out of proportion. TOI sucks big time.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register