ISRO's GSLV-D5 is ready to put GSAT-14 into orbit

Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is ready for the launch of GSLV-D5 scheduled on January 5, 2014. The launch team has received a green signal from the mission readiness review (MRR) and the launch authorisation board (LAB) teams. The 29 hour countdown for the launch is expected to begin on January 4, 2014. If everything goes well, the GSLV-D5 will leap into the space at about 16:18 (IST) on January 5th. As of writing this article, the launch vehicle has been moved to the launch pad (the tower that holds the rockets upright).

GSLV

This launch of the GSLV (which stands for Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle) is going to be interesting and challenging to the ISRO engineering team. The GLSV has seen three continuous failures in the past. ISRO engineers however are confident of successful launch of the vehicle. The team has experienced success recently with the Mars Orbiter via PSLV-C25.

The GSAT-14 is a communications satellite aiming to replace the GSAT-3 satellite; which's been doing its job since 2004. The GSAT-14 is designed to last for about 12 years and carries 6 Ku-band and 6 extended C-band transponders capable of covering entire India. The machine is powered by two solar panels which will generate 2600 watts of power.

We'll keep you posted on the launch & all the relevant happenings. Stay tuned to CrazyEngineers for all the details & updates.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• ahmed sarfraz
    ahmed sarfraz
    The Launch Authorisation Board has cleared the GSLV D5 launch for 5 January. A 29-hour countdown is set to commence on 4 January at around 11 am,

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: Gaurav K Shinde Engineering Trade: Computer Science Location: Mumbai Occupation: Working with NSE.IT as Systems Analyst Work Experience: Working since Aug 2013 till date Hobbies & Interests: Listening Bollywood...
I am Computer Engineer from University Of Mumbai passed out in 2012. Currently i am working with NSE.IT(National Stock Exchange -IT) as Systems Analyst since Aug-2013. Before that i did...
News has it that the webOS is coming on LG television. Developed by Palm - the Linux operating system called the WebOS was earlier only intended to arrive for the...
Hello everyone I am currently in my Final Year of B.Tech and want to pursue the DVLSI from acts pune. I want to do we have any specific course material...
I wonder if any nerdy engg here watches football and plays FPL.?