CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Kaustubh Katdare â€ĸ 30 Dec, 2013 â€ĸ 2 likes
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is ready for the launch of GSLV-D5 scheduled on January 5, 2014. The launch team has received a green signal from the mission readiness review (MRR) and the launch authorisation board (LAB) teams. The 29 hour countdown for the launch is expected to begin on January 4, 2014. If everything goes well, the GSLV-D5 will leap into the space at about 16:18 (IST) on January 5th. As of writing this article, the launch vehicle has been moved to the launch pad (the tower that holds the rockets upright).

GSLV

This launch of the GSLV (which stands for Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle) is going to be interesting and challenging to the ISRO engineering team. The GLSV has seen three continuous failures in the past. ISRO engineers however are confident of successful launch of the vehicle. The team has experienced success recently with the Mars Orbiter via PSLV-C25.

The GSAT-14 is a communications satellite aiming to replace the GSAT-3 satellite; which's been doing its job since 2004. The GSAT-14 is designed to last for about 12 years and carries 6 Ku-band and 6 extended C-band transponders capable of covering entire India. The machine is powered by two solar panels which will generate 2600 watts of power.

We'll keep you posted on the launch & all the relevant happenings. Stay tuned to CrazyEngineers for all the details & updates.

Source: ISRO
@ahmed sarfraz â€ĸ 01 Jan, 2014 The Launch Authorisation Board has cleared the GSLV D5 launch for 5 January. A 29-hour countdown is set to commence on 4 January at around 11 am,
6.9k views

Related Posts

@gopi_myhome ¡ Aug 23, 2011

Uploading Mirrar Image Download IRC Part 1.rar for free on uploading.com Download IRC Part 2.rar for free on uploading.com Download IRC Part 3.rar for free on uploading.com 😀 gopisbee
5.8k views

@md mudassir ¡ Jan 23, 2013

can please explain what will happen when petrol is injected in Diesel engine this is my lab viva question what i got
8.2k views

@Ankita Katdare ¡ May 17, 2013

The Indian Government is looking to it that the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is develops the Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System or the IRNSS to provide two important services....
7.4k views

@Ankita Katdare ¡ Jun 27, 2012

Here is a list of seminar ideas for BioEngineering/BioTechnology students. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these seminar topics. This list has been complied after collecting...
15.2k views

@Anjani_cse08 ¡ Mar 11, 2010

I am persuing B.tech in computer science feild,now i am going to be a 3rd yerar student after this summer holiday(june 10).I want to do a summer training in this...
5.7k views