ISRO CS Syllabus & Preparation Tips

Those who are all started preparing for isro cs exam come here.I'm also preparing for the same.W'll discuss here

Replies

• soni.sapan
    soni.sapan
    can u give us the exam detail link? IN which month exam is conducted?
  • bithamang
    bithamang
    here is the link
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Rising star
    Rising star
    can u tell me the syllabus for ISRO CS exam .... As per my knowledge syllabus is as follows:

Computer H/W Digital Logic: Logic functions, Minimization, Design and synthesis of Combinational and Sequential circuits -- Number representation and Computer Arithmetic (fixed and floating point)

Computer Organization: Machine instructions and addressing modes, ALU and Data-path, hardwired and micro-programmed control, Memory interface, I/O interface (Interrupt and DMA mode), Serial communication interface, Instruction pipelining, Cache, main and secondary storage.

SOFTWARE SYSTEMS Data structures: Notion of abstract data types, Stack, Queue, List, Set, String, Tree, Binary search tree, Heap, Graph --

Programming Methodology: C programming, Program control (iteration, recursion, Functions), Scope, Binding, Parameter passing, Elementary concepts of Object oriented, Functional and Logic Programming --

Algorithms for problem solving: Tree and graph traversals, Connected components, Spanning trees, Shortest paths -- Hashing, Sorting, Searching -- Design techniques (Greedy, Dynamic Programming, Divide-and-conquer) --

Compiler Design: Lexical analysis, Parsing, Syntax directed translation, Runtime environment, Code generation, Linking (static and dynamic) --

Operating Systems: Classical concepts (concurrency, synchronization, deadlock), Processes, threads and Inter-process communication, CPU scheduling, Memory management, File systems, I/O systems, Protection and security.

Databases: Relational model (ER-model, relational algebra, tuple calculus), Database design (integrity constraints, normal forms), Query languages (SQL), File structures (sequential files, indexing, B+ trees), Transactions and concurrency control --

Computer Networks: ISO/OSI stack, sliding window protocol, LAN Technologies (Ethernet, Token ring), TCP/UDP, IP, Basic concepts of switches, gateways, and routers.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

"It's not the volts that kill you , it's the amps" plz can anyone explain this?............
Hi, As we know in matlab we can make gui program.(like vb6 etc..) I want help in declaring global variables that can be shared in whole program. Like if an...
😳hey world of knowledge. pelase xplain about the above asked question?? i am an elctronics guy want to know more deep about such ???,,,is firewall also sometimes called as router>>>
I am suffering from my mojor project . my project name is online holiday managemnt syatem .can u send me the link for this project documentation.
The concept of total cost of ownership is gaining ground in the design of power supplies. Quote: The most difficult design considerations involve applications where there is no AC power,...