Is Your Red Same As My RED?

Watch this video and start debate. #-Link-Snipped-#

P.S: Stay Human...Stay curious.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Think about fixing the global warming first.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    😁 This question always comes around and triggers a few more questions for me -

1. Why is red red?
    2. Can you think of a color you've never seen before?
    3. How can you describe a color to someone?
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    Ankita Katdare
    😁 This question always comes around and triggers a few more questions for me -

1. Why is red red?
    2. Can you think of a color you've never seen before?
    3. How can you describe a color to someone?
    In real world there is no COLOURS, its all our perception.
    Main purpose of colours is to differenciate between objects.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It is all a matter of convention. Assuming that we have a set up people with no colour blindness, all that we can say is that we all agree that grass is green. The only requirement is that every time I look at grass it creates the same perception to me as to the others. We all then can agree that grass is green.
    The curious thing is that all of us cn see a colour even when modified. Since our brain is conditioned that paper is white, we see pare as white evn when it is seen in a different coloured light. Red for example. We automatically switch on a subtract subroutine that remooves the overlying colour and see the paper as white.

That this is not fool proof can be easily shown. If a piece of blue paper is put on a white paper and the assembly is illuminated with light that is an exact match of the blue of the blue paper both appear white. The subroutine has eliminated the blue of the blue paper making it seen as white.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Agreed. To you paper appears as 'your white' and grass as 'your green'.

To me, 'your green' may correspond to 'my yellow' and 'your white' may correspond to say 'my pink'. We will never know. The shades will always follow. It is all a matter of convention.

As a matter of fact, I have heard that some animals see things in shades of black and white and birds can see colours in ultra-violet range. Is it true?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    You are right. Bees see flowers with priority to where the nectar is.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Animal vision:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Another:
    How Do they See? Views Through the Eyes of 7 Animals - WebEcoist

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans ! So I am here again to introduce you to another fellow CEan. An amazing photographer, whose photos have robbed many hearts. An astounding creative designer (Yes Anoop!...
PriceBaba is a Mumbai-based price and product research platform that provides retailers with information on the buying behavior of Indian consumers. PriceBaba was launched in 2011 by Annkur P Agarwal...
Nokia, the Finnish smartphone maker, had unveiled the Nokia Lumia 630 at the Microsoft’s Build Developers Conference 2014 back in April. Today, the company has launched this smartphone for its...
Hello sir, I want to do different challenging project, pls give me some opportunity.but that didnt do before. This my challenging i want grow up ,pls help he.now i am...