Is your mobile phone manufactured at cost Human Blood?

Dear Frequent Mobile changers,
Do you think for once how much it cost when you change your mobile every 6 month to showoff among your friends. Yes it only 40+k,
But it cost more than this, Human Blood!!!

I saw following news over a year ago, but I think this is getting worse.

Have a look here: #-Link-Snipped-#
Over 15 year, 5 million people died to manufacture shining mobiles in mega cities, and yet they are living in dark.
I think it more than this, top manufactures like Samsung and Apple assemble their phones in China where workers have to work more that 16 hours/day and including Apple audit finds underage workers in China
Both Samsung and Apple accepted this.
#-Link-Snipped-#: Low cost labor and don't have bother about trash. It will be dumped in China only other wise if they assemble in US they have to The Story of Bottled Water - YouTubeit like they are dumping old phones.

If you are a frequent mobile consumer, Please think before you buy your shining mobile.

PS: provided additional links for those who rely on website links than thinking themselves.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Isn't that true with almost everything related to electronics stuff? The cheap labour is exploited to keep the operational & manufacturing costs to minimum and profits maximum. Isn't it true that even the nuclear waste is dumped in Indian ocean and all of India's rich resources are being taken away completely free of cost?

The world's being exploited by the 'rich' in the name of technological advances. That's why we had this debate "Are engineers making the planet better or destroying it?". No one really talked about the most important points that should have come up during the discussion.

We tend to ignore and keep our mouths shut. That's why this thread won't see more than 3-4 responses. Others will simply read and ignore. I strongly recommend watching Late Mr. Rajiv Dixit's videos (are in Hindi only, unfortunately) on YouTube. Your eyes will wide open.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Isn't that true with almost everything related to electronics stuff? The cheap labour is exploited to keep the operational & manufacturing costs to minimum and profits maximum.
    The way people are getting more obsessed with new gadgets without thinking of necessity vs need. We are heading towardsWALL路E (2008) - IMDb.
    This is creating two world Rich and poor (which is already popular as Third world over internet) and this different is getting bigger.
    Actually, people are thinking the way, I am rich why should I care about.
    I remember one more situation on which, a movie was released Blood Diamond (2006) - IMDb .

My point is, we should try to minimize these electronic wastes.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    ianoop
    The way people are getting more obsessed with new gadgets without thinking of necessity vs need. We are heading towardsWALL路E (2008) - IMDb.
    Forget about 'E' factor (electronic gadgets only). This is a truth for almost everything that this is increasing the gap between rich and poorer.

The way technology is moving forward, have you ever thought where and how the raw material is created?? answer would be painful.

Any feasible solution to help this out ??
    I am sure you know the answer.

-CB
  • avii
    avii
    Any ideas what we can do to improve this situation ?

we, the consumers, aam aadmi.
  • avii
    avii
    btw I also want to tell you the situation is similar in almost every industry. If you have some friend who own a jewellery shop, ask them. You will be surprised what all stuff goes behind the design of the gold chain you wear.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    I agree with avii. How come people miss more fundamental issues happening right in front of them - child laborers in fire-crackers, incense sticks, match-box manufacturing, restaurants. The list is long. Does that mean people stop using these things?
  • avii
    avii
    ^match box & incense sticks industries are much worse India. those kids work too hard for each stick. I have seen with my own eyes in TN when I was in a tour few years ago.
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    Just do not shoot the informer, that's what has been done in case of Apple and Samsung here. It is a world known fact that they have shifted operations to India and China to lower their input costs , that does not mean they promote child labour in any way , I take the positive out of it, They brought in technology to the developing countries , that have produced such a lot of employment here and gave us the know how which we did not have.

Example of Mcdonalds , It came to india and imported buns for 1 year then produced the potato and buns locally giving employment to lot of people , Today the Pune Based Bun Manufacturer is not limited to supply only to McDonalds right.

India was far backward in terms of Smartphones, we didn't have the best of technology unless the costs were made affordable since it is manufactured and sourced Locally.

India's Largest talked about Software Industry, all eat , drink ,live in it irrespective of engineering streams is a support industry which has come into existence due to cheaper operation costs in India and BIG CORE companies find Huge Savings in Automation and Outsourcing leading to dampening of their own Employments.

The Rich , Poor Divide is created by the system , due to high taxation increasing high rates of corruption and lack of will to solve the problems . We do not think of Equal opportunity when it comes to self since we are selfish and greedy when it comes to ourselves, We look for holidays rather than working more unlike the Japanese.

If we work on a free market economy , major divide can be reduced and it should start from early age to be selfless , work hard , Honesty need to be inculcated at young ages , The environment in which we are growing is making us to get away from the system and just accuse the system from outside.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Bajaj Pulsar 375 might hit Indian roads in the next few months. The bike will come equipped with a 375cc engine which would be loosely based on the KTM Duke...
please 馃槚 reply I am in need of Future deciding Suggestion. I am EEE graudate Now working in control room(based on plc) of coal handling section of power plant where...
Micromax Canvas Music A88 price and specifications have been revealed. The phone would begin shipping at Rs. 8499 through e-commerce website and retail stores across India. The Canvas Music A88...
Those who grew up in the 80s and 90s may remember the game Karateka (check the following screenshot, if you don't). The classic game will hit the Android and iOS...
The Vikings Stadium to be built in the Minneapolis city center will boast the world's largest transparent roof. The roof will be constructed using state-of-the-art ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE) instead of...