Is work experience necessary for MBA?

hi guys,

i was wondering...... is work experience really necessary for MBA aspirants.

i am asking this because i have seen people loose interest in further studies once they get settled in their job.....

but i was told that with out work experience one can not grasp the exact application of what they learn during the course...

what is your say?
do put in your thoughts....๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rather than debate; this is more of a Careers/Higher Education question. Moving the thread.

Work experience is absolutely NOT necessary. Otherwise, there wouldn't be so many fresh engineering graduates joining B-Schools.

Although its not necessary, its highly recommended. I believe its really important to understand and experience 'what needs to be managed in corporate world' before actually studying how to manage it.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I will go with Biggie on this!!

Before studying management , its better if we can see what actually is to be managed !!!
  • callyD
    callyD
    Not necessary but I think its useful... the student gets the opportunity to understand the workings of the company in greater depth, in areas not usually covered in their engineering roles.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir, is it a rule sort of that papers are to be presented on an established technology, and then you have to analyse and put forward your views. can it...
There are people who believe AJAX is a new Technology. I personally believe its a Technique. What's your take on it? Why?
Hi.. Can someone help me find an appropriate mini project with your experience. Please suggest me with necessary links too. I have only four more days to submit it.
There are so many people are searching jobs on different sites. But is providing better jobs to all jobs seekers.
I have written a book. I would like to get copyrights for it. Please help! ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”