Is WIndows vista Failure for Microsoft?

I met poples (Computer technicians) they said to me WIndows vista is failure and slow ie. they are releasing windows 7 .

Is it true ??

but ๐Ÿ˜€ I like vista its features and all I have never found the problems in it sometimes of Software problems but its due to failure in drivers. ๐Ÿ˜”

CEans you Here post your view Is windows vista failure ?๐Ÿ˜•

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Hey I never know the proper reason but I have Vista in my laptop, for deleting copying it has more than necessary security which reduces the speed.

I have 4 GB RAM but of no use, since its vista ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Depends on the criteria for judging the OS.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    They wanted to make it secure, but they ended up making it so secure that people weren't even able to share folders over LAN. They had to copy the contents to share on a special folder on C: drive.

Anything less than 2GB and you're asking for trouble if you want to run some resource intensive programs like solid modeling software, or audio/video editing software!!

These are some of the problems I faced on others' computers. I have never used Vista, and I will never use it, not unless someone has a gun to my head!! ๐Ÿ˜

That according to me does not portray Vista in good light!!
  • safwan
    safwan
    @ eng its slow no doubt .
    @ maddy ya it has security but It provide file sharing option .

I was using vista and the technicians told me dont use it as its slow many software in beginning were not working in it.

my sound card had problem although it was having drivers .My mics sound was not reaching india when I use to talk thorough VOIP services.
    so , I just changed Xp back.
  • blacrobous
    blacrobous
    Vista was designed to be more secure from viruses and etc.. stuff but that UAC thing and permissions and stupid questions it asks for even microsoft certified programs and moreover its hanging issues and its compatibility for high end systems only made it a utter flap
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    As Biggie has so diplomatically put ... depends on the criteria ๐Ÿ˜€

Vista is not a failure for MS because of the following criteria -
    1. They moved on after XP - giving them an excuse for increased prices
    2. Vista exploits a lot of the .Net features - giving them an excuse for widespread of the .Net platform
    3. Having a new version of Windows in the market keeps the MS buzz alive
    4. The support costs of WinXP was increasingly high, they had to stop supporting it - with Vista coming in, they have
    5. Having such a resource hungry OS ensures that people have to buy higher hardware profiled machines - so the entire OEM market benefits
    6. Vista gives MS an opportunity to rip off features that have been implemented in other OSes (Linux, Mac)

So Vista has not been a failure, although the product sucks - which I agree, but its not a failure ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Very well put, Kidakaka ๐Ÿ˜€

Bill Gates & his men have always been very smart. No wonder they are world's largest software makers.

Vista introduced new graphics & looks which MS will continue in its next versions. I might even say that VISTA was a planned step for Windows 7. MS does it occasionally. They never make perfect software, but they are good at releasing patches, upgrades & updates. The strategy works very well for them!

Their success lies in making people think that they need Windows to run their computers! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • safwan
    safwan
    well,
    @ kidakaka vista is failure you agree but I say " Failure is door of succes"
    ie. their success will be windows 7. I heard from people windows 7 is mix of xp and vista.

@ Biggie well said:sshhh:
    They never make perfect software, but they are good at releasing patches, upgrades & updates. The strategy works very well for them!
    and
    Their success lies in making people think that they need Windows to run their computers! :smile:
  • blacrobous
    blacrobous
    @ biggie ( claps )

they never make a perfect software thats the ultimate reason ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    It wasn't really. Despite some compatibility issues, Vista was quite a decent OS especially in terms of security.

The trials of Vista would eventually help the development of Windows 7, what Vista should have been in the first place. In addition, I'm pretty sure its price doesn't factor in much if you're going to have to purchase grands worth of Adobe software anyway ๐Ÿ˜‰

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello all, did anyone work on netcat?? ๐Ÿ˜Ž
CEans, CE's undergoing critical maintenance work & over the next two days, CE might be temporarily unavailable. Apologies for the inconvenience this may cause. Comment on this announcement in the...
Discuss the announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/28739-possible-downtime-notice.html in this thread.
sir, i am currently doing my b.tech second year(mechanical engineering). i wish to do my internship in the coming summer break(2010) itself. however we do have an advantage of having...
I stumbled upon the term "Live MySQL Clustering" while reading a document. I tried searching on the web but couldn't find any article that explains it. Anyone here has information...