Is Windows 7 more popular than Win XP?

Is Windows 7 is getting more popularity than Windows XP in common people usage ?
😉

Replies

• anandkumarjha
    anandkumarjha
    Re: Microsoft

as per the practical views windows XP is still in great use among common people and window 7 is still in "yet to be used" condition due to its some peculior features but according to me we should quickly switch over to windows 7 because in win 7 they provide much more facilities which we didn't get in XP
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922

@anand:
    I don't think there is any extra facilities given in win 7 as compared to win XP, but the look of win 7 is cool and nice, and win 7 is more secure in virus problems as compared to XP, that's all i think for rising of win 7 so quickly .
  • anandkumarjha
    anandkumarjha

@rishi
    how can you say that WINDOW 7 is less prone to viruses in compare to the windows xp ???
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name

I think Windows XP is still standing out.
  • prakash.neo
    prakash.neo
    Hi all,

I dont know, how many of you use, windows 7.... but lemme tel u the fact, in all the big nation its WINDOWS 7 now...!! It has whole lot of advancements and everyone around me uses windows 7.. !! Its time for Windows 7 now 😀

Cheers,
    Prakash
  • Reya
    Reya
    Win 7 also has enhanced/different security implementations than Win XP (huge difference) There's ASLR, better DEP, better SEH protection, better heap protection, less critical vulnerabilities to take advantage of (for now)... it is definitely more painful to develop a good/hardcore virus in Win 7 than in XP.Windows 7 does come with Windows Firewall turned on by default, and User Account Control is set to a reasonable level.And also its look make people to use windows 7..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Windows 7 is the fastest selling operating system in the world and in the history of computer software. However, I am not sure how popularity is being measured.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    xp is much more convenient for me. I say this after I have it all patched up and secured. I don't find any reason why I should shift to a more resource heavy Win 7!

As for my blog, the visitors are from all over the world and the statistics is as shown in the image below..Click on the image to see a larger view.
    [​IMG]#-Link-Snipped-#

As you can see, Xp is still more popular among my blog visitors.
    What about CE biggie??

[​IMG]
  • 4M4N
    4M4N

Because Windows 7 is not exactly the WIN32 API, and viruses are more likely to attack that, may be thats why Win 7 is less prone to viruses.
    Correct me if m wrong
  • 4M4N
    4M4N
    XP is still the boss in the market, but Windows 7 is making its market at very fast rate.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Do not know about facts and figures, However one thing is for sure that WIN 7 is technically best OS in the list of Microsoft OS's.

I am using it since last 3 months, and given full 10 pointers to it. Performance wise its amazing.

-CB
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    i too love win 7 for its features and appearance......and if somehow i have to use xp features, say an older version ie6 for testing my web pages, i use virtual box.........

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is actually the god mode in window 7 ???????plsssssss explain in detail about its functionality in windows 7
What is Booth Algorithm ? How to implement it in binary multiplications ?
hi friends,please explain multiplication using carry save addition
i want a complete detail about the phase advancer with theorey. please if any one have forward to me.
i am proceeding my project on the topic,"THREE PHASE SINGLE SWITCH BOOST RECTIFIER REDUCING HARMONIC USING PWM".related detail i want pls help me.