Is using a virtual machine safer??

Using a virtual machine is safer or not???
does it have any impact on the system???

Replies

• anandkumarjha
    anandkumarjha
    Special
    Using a virtual machine is safer or not???
    does it have any impact on the system???
    As per my knowledge virtual machine is an absolutely a safer side to be used.when we are browsing then some bad part also takes place like some harmful viruses,malwares etc will try to enter your system which plays with you in a nice manner.No matter whatever steps you took to avoid these interesting things but if you visit the site which is not safer for your system then those friend of yours will enter in your system. so here comes the use of virtual machine
  • Leo
    Leo
    I agree with you but Virtual machine becomes problem for your original system when you add a third party virtual hardware. It also adds to security risks, better way is never install third party virtual hardware and virtual PC is 100% safe.
  • Special
    Special
    What kind of problems can i suffer??
    will it be a really serious one?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A virtual PC is just like any other machine. I don't see any special reason for it to be 'safer'. Of course a VM can be hacked and compromised if it does not have enough security.
  • Leo
    Leo
    Special
    What kind of problems can i suffer??
    will it be a really serious one?
    Of course problems can become serious. Most of the third party virtual hardware program codes are written by criminal Hackers. On name on virtual hardware accessing resources, it can try to get info about your original system or even run malicious code on your PC. Anyhow even when you access Internet via Virtual PC there is no way to hide that your PC is virtual so if the intruder knows this, he can send a malicious code to your PC and add a Virtual hardware keeping you unknown about this activity. And once virtual hardware is added, your original PC becomes prone to all those things to which your Virtual PC is prone to. Therefore Anti Virus programs are even needed on Virtual PC.
    Happy Computing.
  • callyD
    callyD
    I think nothing can break out of the virtual machine and damage the host. The worst that can happen is you’ll end up with a trashed virtual machine.
  • Special
    Special
    @leo and Big_K ,cally
    thanks!!
  • Special
    Special
    is the anything common between virtual machines and jvm??
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    @Special : NO.

Virtual Machine in another terms is another system without another CPU and monitor.
    JVM: Java Virtual Machine is a machine which used Virtual machine model , it executes java programs.
  • Leo
    Leo
    callyD
    I think nothing can break out of the virtual machine and damage the host. The worst that can happen is you’ll end up with a trashed virtual machine.
    You are mistaken at this point buddy. Virtual Machine is safe until you know how to use it in safe manner and some intruder is not going to steal information from you.
    For more information visit #-Link-Snipped-# you can find details somewhere in their archives with exploitable code. So try yourself and enjoy. Happy Computing.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Well, guys i was very confused, for many months now? i have completed my B.tech in Information Technology and now i have started my regular 2 year MBA program from...
i am having a technical interview of amdocs. i am btech cs fresher. there is no particular favourite subject that i am good in. i know some topics from all....
SAP ENVIRONMENT A free virtual seminar focusing on best practices for maximizing SAP performance ABSTRACT: Optimizing the performance of your SAP infrastructure can yield significant bottom-line impact, enabling lower margins,...
hey everyone I am in my final year, looking for ideas to my final project please if you got any help!!!!!
Hello CEans ! My name is ahmad abd allah computer science student in ain shams university -egypt i'm in my last year and i'm searching for graduation project idea in...