is this the right forum?

Whenever i come to the crazy engineers web page, why does it make a connection to

tw-in-f147.google.com &
p6w6.geo.re2.yahoo.com

whenever i stay on its main page, it tries establishing connections to those URLs. As soon as i close the website, nothing happens.

Im not implying anything, but im just curious... I hope someone can clarify this..

And I wasn't sure if this was the right forum to ask this question. But it certainly seemed more appropriate. I hope its alright.

Replies

• aashima
    aashima
    Wel thats quite strange if you are automatically directed to those links because I think you are the only one facing that problem. No such problem rests with CE. Try setting your browser default page to "about blank". May be that helps.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not sure about the Yahoo link but the google one is used for website statistics.

Google's analytics service provides a detailed tracking of visitors on the forums. Don't worry, there's nothing to worry about.

-The Big K-
  • desijays
    desijays
    The_Big_K
    I'm not sure about the Yahoo link but the google one is used for website statistics.

Google's analytics service provides a detailed tracking of visitors on the forums. Don't worry, there's nothing to worry about.

-The Big K-
    since you told me you're not sure abt the yahoo link, i thought there was something wrong with my lappie.

But i visited the site on my desktop as well, and even it shows established connections to the afore-mentioned url's.

Since its only, yahoo, i suppose its just their web crawler and nothing to worry about. But whats fishy is that the google url is constant. The yahoo url turns on and off only when the modem activity lights go on and off rapidly.

I just want to know if its happening with anyone else over here ? if it is then i know its normal.

but i already have a gut feeling, that this ain't anything to worry abt, and not worth pursuing any furthur.

Well, lets say PEACE and forget about it 😀
  • desijays
    desijays
    aashima
    Wel thats quite strange if you are automatically directed to those links because I think you are the only one facing that problem. No such problem rests with CE. Try setting your browser default page to "about blank". May be that helps.
    i think you've misundestood me !!!. I didn't say my browser is being redirected to those websites automatically. I said, that whenever i try accessing "www.crazyengineers.com", 2 connections are being established to 2 servers in the background, ( one belonging to yahoo and another to google ).

But like Big K said, i suppose there is nothing to worry about.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    desijays
    i think you've misundestood me !!!. I didn't say my browser is being redirected to those websites automatically. I said, that whenever i try accessing "www.crazyengineers.com", 2 connections are being established to 2 servers in the background, ( one belonging to yahoo and another to google ).

But like Big K said, i suppose there is nothing to worry about.
    Nah, I'm aware of what you are talking about. There's a code which connects to Google & sends the user information. Don't worry, it does not send username or password. Your privacy is secured.

The code is used to generate overall traffic information for our CrazyEngineers website.

Don't worry. Admin is watching [​IMG] [​IMG]

-The Big K-

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Re: CE - Project Related Ideas & Discussions NehaCan you explain what is VPN functionality? And why should it not be used?Neha, let us have a new thread for discussion...
Considering on the wonderful software that Maihuna mentioned in the thread https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448 that helps you import songs from your I-Pod to PC, I thought of introducing a new thread on...
Heya guyz, you all must have heard of Bose, the company which is in the forefront of Speaker technology and Accoustics. And now after many years of research, Bose presents...
Hi All, Sorry for the delay in comming up with this post in the C/C++ Challenger Series. This time I again have something from the C++ corner😁. Question: How would...
Note: Links may not work! Our forum was reworked in the month of November & therefore the links pointing to specific sections may not work. --------------------------------- Hello CEans! Its a...