Is this Legal or Illegal

Hi all,

here is the story and i can't decide this is legal or illegal,

In my Workgroup i have 40 client(xp sp3 pro) and one server(win server2008), and i have 100 games(like call of duty 6, Medal of honor, all these have licanse, i setup the games to my server, and i share them, i apply the registry keys to my clients,
so all my clients can play the games.
the licanses for just one pc, and i use it for server.. i don't setup to the clients..

what do u think about that, legal or illegal?

Replies

• abhinaykumar
    abhinaykumar
    its legal i think....
    coz u r using it in the server which make ur game to be copied in the network and can be used by all ur 40 clients.......
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    kaanstain
    Hi all,

here is the story and i can't decide this is legal or illegal,

In my Workgroup i have 40 client(xp sp3 pro) and one server(win server2008), and i have 100 games(like call of duty 6, Medal of honor, all these have licanse, i setup the games to my server, and i share them, i apply the registry keys to my clients,
    so all my clients can play the games.
    the licanses for just one pc, and i use it for server.. i don't setup to the clients..

what do u think about that, legal or illegal?
    hello kaanstain,
    cd keys are generally of two main types, user key or system key.
    user keys allows 1 user per program/game to be run legally.
    system keys allow 1 computer system per program/game to be used legally.

most antiviruses for example come with a single user key. it means that 1 AV program can be run for 1 user only.

MS Windows for example comes with a system key that requires one to install Windows OS on one computer only. But Windows itself allows to create upto 5 different USERS withing the same OS. Therefore, when connected through a thin client system, total of 5 pcs can be used on 1 Windows installation and hence saves money.

but whether the keys are per user or per system depends on specific applications/games. so any predictions in ur case would be inaccurate.
    Call up their support agents or just shoot them a mail and get it clarified.
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    legal i suppose......

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

im now doing MCITP...in order to practice at home i just wanted to know if there are any simulator software available for server 2008 like packet tracer for CCNA.....please help....
hi friend's i m using compaq presario cq50 106au with amd athlon x2....my amd processor generate much more heat then intel and that,s why after 1-2 hour my computer get...
i want to know "where does pipeline situated in cpu?"
can we made computer by own.plz suggest me how to start.i do not have any idea about it,but i want to made computer.
hi friend's 1.When we create a primary key automatically a cluster index is created on those columns involved in primary key. but i want to know how that index is...