Is this Another Biomedical Hurdle for Space Travel?

NASA has discovered that more than six months’ exposure to outer space—either through living on the space station or travelling to other planets or moons—weaken astronauts’ immune systems. 

StackPath

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

The only solution is to discover a light-weight material that can withstand the radiations and temperature. 

OR 

Genetically modifying human skin to tolerate the radiation. I wonder if that's even possible. But who knows?

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Apparently people in the tropics can stand solar radiation better than those in the temperate or colder zones. They are naturally genetically adjusted. So: 'Who knows?' It might happen...

• saandeep sreerambatla
    saandeep sreerambatla

So for that we need to take kids put them in space and feed them and ask to live there for years , and after a generation or two they will withstand it.

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

#-Link-Snipped-# , we may have to breed them there. We also do not know how many generations it would take. The Chinese may do it straightaway by gene modification.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi will you be able to elaborate on the solution for below-Consumer-oriented digital economics
What are the basic things to consider during the design of the tomato juice extraction machine so as to not damage the seed?
I want to be able to harden our water supply 'on demand' so that the CaCO3 total hardness level goes from around 60 to about 140 to trial the impact...
Ever since we listed CrazyEngineers T-Shirts on Amazon Prime [ Link: https://amzn.to/2Gtdx0F ] , majority of the orders are Cash on Delivery (CoD). It's bit surprising for us but want...
I'm a third year computer science student.I want do mini project on computer graphics in openGL.I don't have any idea. What to do.