Is there any use in learning of UNIX?

is there any use in learning of Unix ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    KOTTELALITHA
    Yes, but it all depends on what the major purpose of learning UNIX. If you are looking from the job perspective, you will benefit immensely if you're working on the server side of the things. UNIX is quite popular as a server system and you will benefit immensely if you are working on cloud technologies.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    KOTTELALITHA
    Unix - Nope. Linux - Yep!

Adding to what Kaustubh said, If you're Embedded systems developer then also learning Linux will be beneficial.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    KOTTELALITHA
    One doesn't have to learn anything. Yes there is a lot of merit if one does learning UNIX or XYZ instead of time on Arnab, FB or Whatsapp.
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    A.V.Ramani
    One doesn't have to learn anything. Yes there is a lot of merit if one does learning UNIX or XYZ instead of time on Arnab, FB or Whatsapp
    Well said sir....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I just have one question, if I have an year down during my engineering, can i apply for PSU's and IIT's if I appear for Gate this year? can anybody...
Hi Crazy engineers, My name is Daniel and I am a Mechanical Engineer Here in Nigeria. I am 33 years of age and I own 3 different companies the Areas...
hey everyone ,,, need a help frm u ppl,,,,m in third yea BE computer science nd i wnt to start my first project on database management system since m intrested...
hi i am subathra ,i am a 2nd year IT student ,i need some innovative and different project idea , can you suggest me an idea in c/c++ language