Is there any performance issue, if we take mysql at 127.6.122.2 instead of 127.0.0.1 ?

Some days ago i was hosting an application on a server the thing that is different is that instead of providing mysql database on the 127.0.0.1 they are providing the mysql at 127.6.122.2. The question is that can't it affect the performance of the application ?

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    its a matter of network location or in other sense IP. You properly link SQL and Application and there won't be any issue with the performance. changing the location doesn't change the quality.
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    @#-Link-Snipped-# it matters if you change your database location from localhost to some other. It will degrade your performance as it have to connect to database on some specific ip(some extra work) instead of connecting at local database.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    it will add a bit delay. But not degrade quality. Nd i prefer quality.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    It depends upon server speed i.e how much time it takes to execute a query, I don't think location has anything to do with performance, I have seen many people host their database on another server instead on localhost
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    @#-Link-Snipped-# can't we say that it will take some time(network time) to establish connection to your database. While on the other side we are taking the database locally(no network time).
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    This time i believe equal to the time your browser takes to open a website(ignoring time taken to download page content that includes images too)

I believe it is even less than 1 sec
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Boy, if you are so particular about localhost addresses, how will you ever host anything on cloud!!!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ok,
    as far as my knowledge about networking goes, complete range of 127.x.x.x ie 127.0.0.0/8 is all reserved for loopback communications, with 127.0.0.1 is default address. When you use 127.x.x.x as addresses, the protocol stack is informed that the data packet should not go beyond the local machine and is intended for some address within the machine .please check if you are listening on the port you had mentioned. By theory wise- it should not make a difference.
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Thanks i got what i want to know.
    @#-Link-Snipped-# tanks goyal for taking the part of discussion. Will come back to you again in case the DB is on different server 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A brief history on Automobile in the world: I would like to share this to all CEans and please post your views on the journey toward the new Cars you...
After spending an awful two days at Neurology department of the very famous Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi, Kerala, India with my college mate who is also my good...
hey am building a robot for robowars, i bought 4 used maruti 800 wiper motors i am planing to use it for the wheels, I am new to this, soo...
i am studying my final year mechanical engineering..u people know due to the economic crisis..the placement is nt well this year..so tough to get a job...i have heard about one...
Trick for multiplying any number with 11 23*11= 253 lets consider, when 2 digit number are multiplied with 11. consider 2 (2+3) 3 = 253. 34*11=3 (3+4) 4 =374. A...