CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Nayan Goenka

MemberSep 1, 2013

its a matter of network location or in other sense IP. You properly link SQL and Application and there won't be any issue with the performance. changing the location doesn't change the quality.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • The_Small_k

MemberSep 1, 2013

@#-Link-Snipped-# it matters if you change your database location from localhost to some other. It will degrade your performance as it have to connect to database on some specific ip(some extra work) instead of connecting at local database.
    Cancel
  • Nayan Goenka

MemberSep 1, 2013

it will add a bit delay. But not degrade quality. Nd i prefer quality.
    Cancel
  • Manish Goyal

MemberSep 1, 2013

It depends upon server speed i.e how much time it takes to execute a query, I don't think location has anything to do with performance, I have seen many people host their database on another server instead on localhost
    Cancel
  • The_Small_k

MemberSep 1, 2013

@#-Link-Snipped-# can't we say that it will take some time(network time) to establish connection to your database. While on the other side we are taking the database locally(no network time).
    Cancel
  • Manish Goyal

MemberSep 1, 2013

This time i believe equal to the time your browser takes to open a website(ignoring time taken to download page content that includes images too)

I believe it is even less than 1 sec
    Cancel
  • Anand Tamariya

MemberSep 1, 2013

Boy, if you are so particular about localhost addresses, how will you ever host anything on cloud!!!
    Cancel
  • durga ch

MemberSep 1, 2013

ok,
    as far as my knowledge about networking goes, complete range of 127.x.x.x ie 127.0.0.0/8 is all reserved for loopback communications, with 127.0.0.1 is default address. When you use 127.x.x.x as addresses, the protocol stack is informed that the data packet should not go beyond the local machine and is intended for some address within the machine .please check if you are listening on the port you had mentioned. By theory wise- it should not make a difference.
    Cancel
  • The_Small_k

MemberSep 4, 2013

@#-Link-Snipped-# Thanks i got what i want to know.
    @#-Link-Snipped-# tanks goyal for taking the part of discussion. Will come back to you again in case the DB is on different server 😁
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register