Is there any difficulties in making a building look in other forms?

Basically i am not from this discipline and just wanted to ask this simply. if the question makes no sense..i am sorry.. but is there are any difficulties in changing a building's look like other things (for example like a ship or an aircraft) isn't it boring to see buildings in same manner..yes i accept some or many may be like that. is there any difficulties to make a home or a building in different forms?

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Well what you ask is a logical demand but seeing the technology used in making buildings, it should satisfy all the basic norms. The framework, the strength factor, stability, available space and a lot of factors need to be taken in to consideration. Plus the model you design should fit the guidelines of the local governing bodies who will approve it. The engineer making the building should come up with such a strong design.
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    mail154
    Basically i am not from this discipline and just wanted to ask this simply. if the question makes no sense..i am sorry.. but is there are any difficulties in changing a building's look like other things (for example like a ship or an aircraft) isn't it boring to see buildings in same manner..yes i accept some or many may be like that. is there any difficulties to make a home or a building in different forms?
    hey, Its not a nonsense question. As a CE we are always think the things differently.

Coming to your question. We can built the structure with different shapes.
    If the shape differs the load transferring mechanism is also differs. So we have to design our building with additional care. Whatever the shape changed, the loads we took for design are same Axial, shear, Major and Minor axis moments etc. for the beams.yielding, crippling, buckling etc.
    If you never mind about the cost, then you go ahead for the creative shapes.
    Now a days there are many buildings in india are looking different.

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • mail154
    mail154
    [quote="KSS manian, post: 293960, member: 165133"As a CE we are always think the things differently.

[/quote]

Does this makes any sense? 😨
  • mail154
    mail154
    As a CE we are always think the things differently !

Does this makes sense? 😨
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    mail154

Does this makes sense? 😨

As a CEan we are always born to think things differently

When the complexity of my shapes increase I will be facing more forces to counter.
  • mail154
    mail154
    As a CE we are always think the things differently

As a CE we always think things differently

Which one is correct? I couldn't understand the former one.

Ok and 👍 for expanding a simple explanation with your hard work 😀 for 50 words for some reasons 😁Anyway thanks for your quick reply jeffrey samuel 😀
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    mail154

Does this makes sense? 😨
    I hope you understood, what I said.

As a "Crazy Engineers", We are always think things differently
  • Gloria S. Akins
    Gloria S. Akins
    Hi, it is good that you have good sense of humor. Everybody wants to see there houses homes build in different shapes and structure. With the growing technology and speedy changes it is nowadays possible to have building in different shapes and structures. An experienced #-Link-Snipped-# can help you in getting your desired design.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Technovanza is the annual Techno-management festival organised by VJTI. The objective of Technovanza is to take Technology to the society.Technovanza is the platform for students to apply the theoretical knowledge...
There is always a question making me to think again and again that whether the pricing done by Branded companies seems justified or not.Consider companies like Apple,Htc,Audi,Mercedes benz,Rolls Royce and...
Hi! I would like to know the exact difference between an error detector and a comparator.
Parents and teachers are always working on making internet a safer experience for all children and now Microsoft has decided to offer a helping hand to them with its ‘Bing...
While writing the article on the ‘Bing For Schools’ program, I kept thinking on ways how you can make your search experience ad free and private, So I have listed...