Is there a future for supersonic passenger aircraft?

Quote:
We asked readers of The Engineer for their questions and put them to an expert panel, including representatives from Lockheed Martin, Rolls-Royce, Reaction Engines and Imperial College London.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Pradeep Kumar86
    Pradeep Kumar86
    yes sir, indeed. Supersonic passenger transportation IS the Future. Have no doubt in that.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Even if companies are able to develop a commercially viable supersonic passenger aircraft, I feel it'll probably be a medium term solution only (say the next 20 - 30 years). The future is teleportation 😀
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Aashish Joshi
    The future is teleportation 😀
    I am afraid not. You cannot teleport complex cells and reassemble them identical to the original. E = m C^2 is another complication. An 80 kg person dematerialized will represent a huge release of energy. How will the ego be dematerialized reassembled?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everyone, I am Pradeep Kumar and am from Tamil Nadu. Am a Post Graduate Engineer in Aeronautical Engineering from the Madras Institute of Technology. Currently, am working as an...
What is the concept of proton beam writing in lithography for wafer fabrication and what is the main advantage to use it than e- beam lithography ??
What is the furture of MEMS(Microelectro Mechanical Systems) in India in terms of research and jobs ??
frnz can u suggest me an electrical topic for paper presentation
Sri Lanka has approved the SAARC Satellite Project; which was a crucial requirement for the project to take off and mandatory for registration with International Telecommunication Union (ITU). ISRO now...