Is the recession over?

What do you think? Is the world already out of the economic recession?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I guess this is off topic.

But this recession has done both good and bad.

The spending curve of employees specially software employees got declined ๐Ÿ˜€

Recession I guess its gone , since I heard and read of many acquisitions ๐Ÿ˜€

Hiring etc etc.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    It ain't over till the fat lady (oops!), the fin min sings ๐Ÿ˜€
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    I don't think it is really over but still it should get to an end soon.
  • safwan
    safwan
    As far as my newspapers is concerned its business/economics sections says its over not exactly its on the way to over . Middle-East economy is improving so may be Indian also.But ME and Indian economy is not interrelated so I cant say about India.
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    it is gradually decreasing as according to todays newspaper British economy is also showing plus growth rate.....which is a sign that recession will be over in few months.
  • callyD
    callyD
    Well, they claim that it's over because it's not likely to get much worse. Unemployment is the last thing to improve, and that's the main thing people care about.
  • madhumurundi
    madhumurundi
    yeah.. it is Some what Decreasing ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    as callyD rightly put it, it can't get worse..so we're slowly but surely getting out of recession..
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    The whole world is saying that the worst is behind us seeing the improvements in the earnings of the companies and the way the companies losses have started to bottom out.

But we must keep in mind the real driving force behind these things is the huge mammoth-sized stimulus package worth 1000's of billion$ given by the governments of various countries all over the world.

I think the real effect can be realised once the world is able to sustain this recovery curve to keep it rising for the next two quarters atleast.

What do you have to say?
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    Recession is temporarily over, it may hit again soon.
    The root cause is our world economic system which supports inflation & then recession, Its outdated, till we rethink the system, we are gonna see these things often.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Temporarily over?

How's you explain that?
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    A nice story on recession must read

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    The_Big_K
    Temporarily over?

How's you explain that?
    All of the world economies are affected by US economy & their monetary system is is totally controlled by Fedral bank who exchanges currency with debt. This debt is increasing & that debt can't be payed as their is no extra money in the money supply to account for the interest. Thus banks are getting bankrupt. This is just a crude explaination. Other demerits do exits in the economy.
    Infact our indian monetary system is much secure which uses gold standard for accounting money in the money supply. But gold is getting costlier & it does affect our economy also its exhaustible resource.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Can you please put some more detail on comparison between the Indian and Federal Bank's ways to manage the money supply?
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    In Indian monetary system for every unit of money value put into money supply, the same money value of gold is put into reserve, while in US debt is used in exchange of money, which should be paid with interest to Fedral Bank.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Thanks Vik

That is the reason they(US) made the whole world play with debts and more debts which never returned and pushed the global economy into recession

Hope they learn something this time
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    vik001ind
    All of the world economies are affected by US economy & their monetary system is is totally controlled by Fedral bank who exchanges currency with debt. This debt is increasing & that debt can't be payed as their is no extra money in the money supply to account for the interest. Thus banks are getting bankrupt. This is just a crude explaination. Other demerits do exits in the economy.
    Infact our indian monetary system is much secure which uses gold standard for accounting money in the money supply. But gold is getting costlier & it does affect our economy also its exhaustible resource.
    Don't you think that you are talking about past...
    Upto which i heard reserve bank is not using this policy now...

Many people say ..India is not much affected by recession ..I think reason is it's population ..as I think recession arises if demand decreases...but in India..it does not happen so
    please correct me if i am wrong.....
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Please clear the doubt vik

does reserve bank still follow this policy?
  • MartinK
    MartinK
    Well according to #-Link-Snipped-# , USA, for example, is the last country in the world, which will come out of recession. Apparently it is based solely on people's opinions, but the fact, that basically 75% of 100% USA citizens think, that recession is not over yet and 17% of them think, that it will not even be over until 2-3 years, is not realistic. I have no idea, whether people have serious financial problems, or they just don't think realistically.
  • MartinK
    MartinK
    Ok... this is getting worse and worse look at this: #-Link-Snipped-#

do you seriously think that these results reflect the real thoughts of USA people? Almost 2000 say, that recession is not over yet. I agree with the other 400, who still have their senses and see, that this idiotic and pushed up story of a killer recession is nonsense. But people earn money on that. Come on people and come to your senses.
  • djnachi
    djnachi
    Well speaking about India recovering from recession then I feel that India was never affected by it in real terms. The fact that India is an outsourcing hub it still had enough projects even in the global recession period to keep up the flow. For example, if a company like Satyam after their major scandal can overcome with minute alterations in a limited span of time and just by counting the number of Pink Slips being given in that crucial period we cant say that India was actually struck by recession. For me it was just a hype created by the Indian economists along with the IT-sector just to show that we were a part of the impact which was not cent percent true. In India, the rich becomes richer and the poor becomes poorer which is the bottom line.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The question paper pattern of Gate is changed this year. I am a student of civil engineering. So suggest the source of gate practice papers.
I have to run 200 concurrent users from two JMeter Slaves (100 threads from each) such that 200 users first do login simultaneously, after completing login, all 200 users should...
Hello everybody! Henry Coles here.. I'm new to this forums. Hope to have a wonderful stay here. ๐Ÿ˜
I love mottos... Share your favorite motto here! Mine is.... "Do unto others what you want others to do to you." ๐Ÿ˜
Should university students be required to attend classed? There are to different opinions. Some people claim that attending classes is must to students. Other people, however agree that it should...