Is that is the virus?

Hi friends!! i got to ask some doubts.Let me ask now.
Whenever i open a word file another word file is created as ~$file name.When i close the word file the another wordfile which was created also closes..i tried to open the another word file keeping the first file opened it says the file cannot be opened coz there are some problems with the contents..Is that is the virus?y the another word file is created whenever i open a word file?

Replies

• Leo
    Leo
    Hi Praveena the problem you are facing is not due to any virus. The reason can be anyone from the following

1.Might be due to any software installation or any corrupt system file on your system, which is trying to grab and share process space of Word process when you open file.
    2.Invalid macro operation of faulty macro compilation.
    3.Improper hooking of DLL files.

Above are the reasons i know for double execution of same process, there may be more. Exact solution is difficult until real reason is unknown, try to figure out yourself.
    By the way DLL hooking creates doubts about virus or key logger or RAT, but that's not always the case, try scanning with an updated Anti-Virus, if there is any malicious code then your problem will be solved(though chances are less for any virus).
    For more information and updates on Virus and other security problems visit
    4.Computer Security - MAX&MAX
    Happy Computing.
  • Reya
    Reya
    thanks for the info u provided😀
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    I think this is the temporary file which get removed by closing of the original word file .
  • Reya
    Reya
    you are right rishi..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Avast me mates, today be ye ole International Talk Like A Pyrate day. Arr. The Official site for International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19
Hello folks! Name is PM. Currently, 4th year electrical engineer with comp sci minor 😉
please provide me the specification of gsm controlled robot
import java.awt.*; import java.applet.*; public class fi extends Applet implements Runnable { Button b[] = new Button[1]; int x1=0; Thread t; public void init() { for(int i=0;i<1;i++) { setLayout(new FlowLayout());...
TechCrunch broke out news yesterday that world's most popular social network, Facebook is currently building their own phone just like Google & Apple. Today, they more or less confirmed the...