Is TEDx Brand Getting Abused In India?

You might have stumbled upon the news that TED administration has cancelled the TEDx Chennai license. The event was found to be violating several TEDx conference rules including number of attendees not exceeding 100, sponsors being the speakers, sponsor logos being showed on the stage and so on. The TEDxChennai license holder has stepped down and TED might just be too skeptical about giving out new licenses in India.

What I know for sure is that a lot of TEDx conferences are organized by the students to boost their resume. When the real purpose of the event takes a back seat, abuse is bound to step-in.

Do you think brand TEDx is getting abused in India?

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    Thats sad. People should behave responsibly while organizing these kind of events. Because of their mistakes, a lot of other eligible people might have to suffer. I dont think its just students' fault, the administration has a lot of pressure when sponsors come into picture.
  • barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    recently i saw my college planning for TEDx (in bangalore)..
    so i guess if one loses it, the other gains it..
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    Do you think brand TEDx is getting abused in India?
    When I saw the announcements of some of the TEDx events recently put up, I was asking myself the same question.
    Daaal men kuch kala, some thing does not smell right.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    bioramani
    When I saw the announcements of some of the TEDx events recently put up, I was asking myself the same question.
    Daaal men kuch kala, some thing does not smell right.
    These are mostly being organised for better resumes.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Is it possible to conduct a meet in chennai now. Who should be contacted and stuff like that ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello sirs and madams ; i hope that all will be fine and enjoying good life i have paticipated in robowar competetion in line follower robot but donot what to...
HI everyone..! i am going to do solar byk as my major project..i had purchased an electrical byk and i will charge the batteries using solar panels.but this is already...
hello buddies . here is one more interesting scientific invention . georgia tech has invented new p-n junctions using graphene. i request you people to go through the article in...
Samsung's keeping the Galaxy Note II users happy with a new firmware upgrade 4.1.2. While you may not expect anything apart from stability updates, 4.1.2 actually brings lot of goodies...
Hi guys, i just wanted to know if anyone is applying to this new dual degree program. i am very much keen on it since it is based in Noida...