Is southern power grid is connected to the national power grid in India?

Is southern power grid is connected to the national power grid in India?

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    now with the frequent power cuts that take place, it is difficult to say that
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    zaveri
    now with the frequent power cuts that take place, it is difficult to say that
    cant get you.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    why you relate it to power shut down?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    if the power grid in chennai was indeed connected to the national power grid, then there wouldnt be those so-called scheduled power-cuts. this probably means that since chennai does not have enough power for itself then how could it supply to other states ?

however, even if chennai does not supply but recieve power, then would it still be having power cuts ?

so in the end what does it all point to ?
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    zaveri
    if the power grid in chennai was indeed connected to the national power grid, then there wouldnt be those so-called scheduled power-cuts. this probably means that since chennai does not have enough power for itself then how could it supply to other states ?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Tamil nadu generates power and gives it to kerala. But there is still a power shut down in Tamil nadu for more then 14 hours dialy.
    My question is that whether southern grid is connected with national grid
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    no
  • Ayush_pse
    Ayush_pse
    but i have studied that all grids are connected to the national grid, so why would southern grid be an exception?
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Ayush_pse
    but i have studied that all grids are connected to the national grid, so why would southern grid be an exception?
    I too don't no the reason behind it. Some people say, Its because the power generation in southern region is less.
  • Anuj Aggarwal
    Anuj Aggarwal
    Actually India has five grids which are all connected with each other. There is no exception for southern grid.

As far as your question is concerned regarding power cuts in Chennai, its not because power generation is less in southern region but the load must have increased in that area due to which the concerned authorities has to perform LOAD SHEDDING
  • zyborg2006
    zyborg2006
    India is divided into 5 Regions - Northern Region(NR), Eastern Region(ER), Western Region(WR), Southern Region(SR) and North-East Region(NER). Out of all these Regions the NR,ER,WR and NER are synchronized which is known as NEW Grid(runs on same frequency). Whereas SR is not synchronized with the rest of the regions with AC lines and hence runs on a slightly different Frequency. SR is connected with WR and ER with HVDC links only.

source : Powergrid Corporation Of India
  • rajk. sharma
    rajk. sharma
    no, power consumption will be inc.or load on one power station will be inc.
  • Harish Sarma
    Harish Sarma
    And Southern grid will be synchronized within 2 to 3 years

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

GlacialTech's Igloo 6200 CPU coolers have been specially designed to reduce the noise of the CPU cooling fans. The new product has been launched lfor 130 watts Intel LGA2011 CPUs....
Looks like the prices of the SSDs are falling and very soon, we might just enter an era of non-magnetic storage devices. If SSDs become popular, expect the R/W operations...
Hi CE's my self archana doing my 3rd B.tech at vignan in ECE.My hobbies are listening songs and reading books.my aim is to get good job in any MNC.
whats your favorite team in this IPL 5 ? ? ?
The recent discovery of 'trans-fat' contents in most of the 'fast food' brands is really alarming. While it's a general belief that fast food or 'junk food' isn't really good...