Is single tank capacity a linear system?

1. Is single tank capacity a linear system, if yes justify?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    As asked the question is not very illuminating. Capacity of tanks, single or multiple is just a volume. It is a single value. Nothing linear or non linear about it.
    In a cylindrical tank with axis vertical and rectangular tanks holding liquids, the current capacity varies linearly with depth of liquid.In tanks of other geometries or cylinders with axis non vertical, this relationship is non linear.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah, I searched for the keywords randomly on Google in order to find an answer, but couldn't get any. A little more insight would definitely help us understand and answer your question better. I'm bit confused on the usage of word 'linear'.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have read about it. but i'm not so clear about it. Also i need to know the working of both. thank you!!!
When i ask this question to many they tell me the mathematical equation only. i need the exact explanation for it. How will it get produced or absorbed? which elements...
I bet you've seen the video and the new dancing style - which is basically a horse riding style dance. The video and the dance is going viral on the...
how can we show that the change in entropy of an ideal gas undergoing a polytropic process 1-2 is given by S2 - S1 = mCv (k - n) ln(V2/V1)...
is anybody have e book of "Principles of Abrasive Water Jet Machining by Momber, Andreas W., Kovacevic, Radovan , 1998," please send me e book if anybody have.