From Rs. 1,90,001 to Rs. 3,00,000 - 10%
From Rs. 3,00,001 to Rs. 5,00,000 - 20%
Above Rs 5,00,001 - 30%

For Senior citizens Tax Payers
Upto Rs. 2,40,000 - NIL
From Rs. 2,40,001 to Rs. 3,00,000 - 10%
From Rs. 3,00,001 to Rs. 5,00,000 - 20%
Above Rs 5,00,001 - 30%

Do you think this is a good idea for a nation's progress? or authorities should focus on country's growth by using the (so called extra) money insted reducing the taxes? or they are trying to ease the inflation?

What is your take on it? Just say it!

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    You should have opened this thread around a month back when finance minister announced this. Actually I am saying this as yesterday only minister proposed new tax slabs. According to new proposed slabs (If applicable, applicable from April 2011):

3 Lakh - 10 Lakh - 10%
    10 Lakh - 30 Lakh - 20%
    30 Lakh and above - 30%

Tax saving under 80 C is increased upto 3 Lakh.

What say about these proposed limits??

-CG
  • Differential
    Differential
    Yeah, both ways propose same things ! I was talking about why reduce income tax and they have reduced it even more.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Reduction in income tax is not necessarily a bad thing. Reducing the tax increases the amount of money people can spend, which will in turn help the economy grow as people spend more money.
  • gohm
    gohm
    It totally depends on the system & the current economy. If taxes are lowered in a recessed free market economy, the populous may have more available disposable income however refuse to spend it, thus increasing the recession. If the populous spends that will revive and stimulate the economy. Increased taxes will better government funded programs. This not only can improve quality but also stimulate via trickle down theory. Very vital in a socialized environment.
  • swapnakumar
    swapnakumar
    yes according to me tax reduction eases our financial status as far this recession is concerned😎
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I think it worked for good in AUSTRALIA. As soon as recession started, GOV took the intiative to pay back 900$ to the tax payers and tactful enough we recived the payments aroudn easter time, so every oen spent the money off rather than saving it.
    that boosted the economy looks like.
    Australia has missed recession and doing good. I don't tax bonus resulted in no/less recession , but putting money in people's accoutn at right time (both easter time and excalty when recession was taking shape), might have made people not realise the pinch of it.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well in theory, providing the government isnt in such a bad budget deficit, reducing income would help increase consumer demand (thus help kerb recession).

But if they'd rather save the money, then it would be a wasted effort.

Its basically a matter of:
    1. Spending because you have more money (via lower taxes)
    2. Spending because the stuff you need is cheaper (via gov subsidies)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can any of the comp engineers suggest me which publication books should be referred for second year especially for 1.digital electronics and logic design and 2.data structure and algorithm.😕
can anyone tell me which prooerties of quantum mechanics are used in quantum key distribution replies awaited.
Hello Fellow Mariners, Mind stating the vessels type, tonnage, routes, cargo type, engine capacity that you sailed on? 😁 Mine's below. Vessel type: Tanker Tonnage: 4500 Grt Trading Area: S.E...
1.what is the difference between spywares,malwares and virus? 2.how to get rid of spywares?? 3.what is the first process that happens in a computer when it is turned on?? 4.On...
Hi All, A programming doubt:- We need to multiply (or add) very large numbers. By very large i mean that there might be an overflow problem i.e. If c =...