Is Power Transferred To Consumers Or Energy?

Is Power Transferred To Consumers Or Energy??

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Energy is ability to do any work

Power is the rate at which the energy is used by an appliance

By this it is clear that Energy is delivered to the house and Depending on the power requirement of the house it is spent
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    But at the generating side, power is produced. So how could energy be transferred?. Power consumed by load with time is energy. So, finally, power is transferred. Isn't it?
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    naman2511
    But at the generating side, power is produced. So how could energy be transferred?. Power consumed by load with time is energy. So, finally, power is transferred. Isn't it?
    If you are talking in technical terms, at the generating side, energy is produced (strictly transformed) as defined by conqueror. Are you confused because generating stations are called power stations?
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    Anand Tamariya
    If you are talking in technical terms, at the generating side, energy is produced (strictly transformed) as defined by conqueror. Are you confused because generating stations are called power stations?
    Energy produced or power??? Output of alternator must be in kVA ..so this could be Energy?? M not confused with Power station....
  • lal
    lal
    naman2511
    Energy produced or power??? Output of alternator must be in kVA ..so this could be Energy?? M not confused with Power station....
    It is energy that is produced in generating stations. Power is the rate at which energy is produced. An X kVA alternator can generate X kVA-s energy every second.

Take the case of a 1000W alternator. It generates energy at the rate of 1000 Watt-second or 1000 Joules per second when it is excited. For an hour, total energy generated is 1000 Watt-hour or 1000 x 3600 Joules. It is actually energy that is generated, power is a measure of how much energy can be generated per second.
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    First Power Came Into picture, then Energy...Power should be what is transferred to consumers..and energy is consumption of power with time..isn't it??. So power is transferred...not energy
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Concept of power is introduced to enable apple-to-apple comparison. e.g. running a fan vs. lighting a lamp for an hour, which should cost you more? If you remove time in this question, the answer would be indeterminate.
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    So bottom line is that energy is transferred nor power to consumers..??
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Energy is transferred to the customers

Power is consumption of energy by your device
  • lal
    lal
    Yeah. Energy is what is generated, transferred and consumed. Power is the rate at which it is done.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    naman2511
    So bottom line is that energy is transferred nor power to consumers..??
    May be this would clarify things:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    ok thanks..i got it 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Narayana Murthy is returning to Infosys with rolled up sleeves after a long short break which everyone called retirement that began in 2011. Infosys informed the media that the company...
You always have that one friend whom you have pestered long enough to quite smoking, but to no heed. In India, statistics say that thousands of children below 15 years...
We have a construction site with clayey soil for a very large depth(20 mts.) near a river where a G+7 structure is going to be constructed. The undrained shear strength...
Hi!!! I want to make my own 5.1 channel surround sound system. I want to know how to design speakers and sub-woofer along with their enclosures. If anyone knows, please...
For the sake of it, I just googled the term 'Indian Engineers' and in the results I found a post on Rediff.com. Quoting a few lines from there - The...