Is Play Station 4 Coming In 2012?

There's a sudden rise of rumors about the announcement of next Playstation in 2012. Killzone, one of the most popular games on PS platform is said to be under development on the new platform from Sony. There are speculations that Sony is in the development stage of PS4 and is expected to introduce 32 core CPU in PS4. Some of the sources mention that Playstation 4 may introduce some new storage mechanisms or possibly do away with the HDD. If that's true, are we entering the era of SSD storage which is quite faster than traditional HDDs?

The PS3 platform has cost Sony several million Yens and Sony must introduce a future-proof, high end hardware in the next console. However, Sony has denied the rumors and still touting the 10 year life span of PS3. In the mean time, we've had news of the next version of Microsoft's gaming console, possibly named as XBOX 720. Several game development studios are rumored to be developing games for the next platforms already.

What's your take on this? Is PS4 coming in 2012?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The structure of CPU for a typical Von Neumann Machine is as follows - [Image Courtesy - Donovan Book] The structure above consists of - 1. Instruction Interpreter 2. Location...
US scientists stake a claim for the world's lightest material Read more: US scientists stake a claim for the world's lightest material | News | The Engineer ​
Currently I am working on superconducting magnetic energy storage system (SMES) modelling. If any one of u have work on it plz let me know. I will be very thankful...
Hi, I am a software professional with an experience of 7 years and I need to give the GRE because I am applying for a course at IIM. I need...
A simple definition of Query Optimization can be efficient execution of the query such that it results in minimum cost. Can somebody explain this in detail with example? How can...