Is our food becoming a slow poison?

Long long ago not very long ago our average lifetime was way above 100.. But slowly it deteriorated and now it has become 65(in an average)...! So, is "the food" we eat happens to be the main suspect behind this?....Back in those days it took 7 months to harvest a crop(some crop, for eg. say rice) but now they harvest it in 2 months(due to chemicals and stuffs)...all need money of course and thus they don't seem to care about the standard..! so what will happen if this go on? will our "average llifetime(or life expectancy or however you put)" be reduced further? is there any way to improve this condition..! CEans pls give your views.....! For each one of you will have different innovative ideas..! please put forth those so it may be useful to someone,somewhere in the future..! someone who comes across this excellent forum..!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's not just the food, in my opinion. The industrialisation in the last century led us to a society we didn't want to be a part of.

The more I study on this topic (and it's my new found hobby), it looks like the ancient civilizations were much advanced than we think they were; and definitely more advanced than us. That's why they settled with simpler lifestyles.

Now, all we see is people running after profits and ready to go to any limits to ensure profits. Then smoking, alcohol and drugs have become a 'cool' thing to do. People ignore their meals in the name of 'work' and consume coca cola more than water.

In the race of achieving more bank balance, people stress their brains and hearts. 'Health' is completely ignored in the mindless rat race.

The point I'm making is - there are several factors; not only food.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    vinod1993
    Long long ago not very long ago our average lifetime was way above 100.. But slowly it deteriorated and now it has become 65(in an average)...!
    I cant agree with this statement, because lifetime is increasing only, due to improvement of medical facilities
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    aarthivg
    I cant agree with this statement, because lifetime is increasing only, due to improvement of medical facilities
    That's a correct statement.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    If i'm wrong i'm sorry...! And yes not just food..! Food is just a part..! ๐Ÿ˜€ But i wanted to stress on it to get views about that..! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A lot of people believe that until few centuries ago, people had a very short life span. If diseases killed and there were no powerful medicines available - the whole human race would have vanished. I'm quite sure humans are made to think that medicines have improved human life span. I even think the whole medicine industry thrives on making sure that people fall sick and treat medicines as 'basic necessity' for life. It ensures profits.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    yea that's right...! ๐Ÿ˜€ Barter system seems to be a way lot better than this "Money" In my opinion..! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    This morning I went to a temple and i noticed that the temple has placed a notice board stating that "Please do not use camphor here",I wondered why(cause camphor is(was) predominantly used in temples)" So,I enquired the temple official about the notice board..! He told me an interesting thing..! In search of profits manufacturers have started using synthetic materials for making camphor rather than extracting it from a tree(camphor laurel). So the smoke emitted from the synthetic camphor started corroding the idols..! i.e. the it reacts with the metals present in the idols and sculptures.... So if everything goes synthetic what would happen ultimately?
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    "K" why do you contradict your own statement?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Yes the current food we are taking is getting poisoned due to heavy use of chemical fertilizers.
    This conspiracy of fertilizer companies+corrupt bureaucrats who promoted to use artificial fertilizer instead of organic one.

We owe Lal Bahadur Shastri, who initiated Green Revolution (which increases soil productivity) and White Revolution(Increase in production in milk) which fulfilled the need of food to country. but due to rapid increase in population and chemicals soil productivity is going down.
    Only solution is to promote organic fertilizer as suggested in- YouTube episode and its time to invest in agriculture research to bring Green Revolution-2.
    - YouTube

Please correct :
    Average life span has been increased from 40 to 67.1 in duration 1960-2010 World Development Indicators-Google Public Data Explorer .
    ...Back in those days it took 7 months to harvest a crop(some crop, for eg. say rice)
    Rice/wheat take 4.5 to 5 months. Only pulses take 6-7 months.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vinod1993
    "K" why do you contradict your own statement?
    Which statement is contradictory?
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    aarthivg
    The_Big_K
    That's a correct statement.
    The_Big_K
    A lot of people believe that until few centuries ago, people had a very short life span. If diseases killed and there were no powerful medicines available - the whole human race would have vanished. I'm quite sure humans are made to think that medicines have improved human life span. I even think the whole medicine industry thrives on making sure that people fall sick and treat medicines as 'basic necessity' for life. It ensures profits.
    isn't this a bit contradictory?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I was referring to the statement that aarthivg was referring to.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    #-Link-Snipped-# 7 months is just an example..! I frgt to mention it..! thanks for correcting me..! ๐Ÿ˜€ yes yes it has become 67.2..! from 40..! it was 40 due to many diseases and stuffs(the great plague of europe etc. etc.Infact it was way below 40 during great plague of Europe ๐Ÿ˜› just an example)..! but many tribal people lived longer..!! thats what i am stressing out..! That the tribals had healthy food and thus they lived long..! why tribals take my great grandma..! she lived 101 years..! Don't go for the official statistics..(That has many factors encompassed). think about your surroundings..! your great grandma..! the rustic people and so on and so forth..!! ๐Ÿ˜€ Regards, thanks for correcting me though..!
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    I am sorry "K"..!! actually you were on my side eh..! Sentences are often misunderstood..! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    You are right... the people who ware active throughout the life they lived so long.
    I agree this we are now taking slow poison.Use of chemicals also affecting our water, soil and Milk quality.
    What we need now is to produce organic fertilizer at factory level.
    Most of the organic fertilizer came from waste of pet animal like cow/buffalo and some plants.
    It will promote milk production sector and organic fertilizer from animals slowly overcome this chemical fertilizers.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is meant by grade of cement? How is it determined and what is the procedure to determine the grade? I'd really appreciate your answers.
This problem might have been solved by now but the book i have states that this problem has not been solved yet(then)(my book is 3 years old)...! This is an...
I wrote my first XML code using XSL. But a problem has encountered when I am trying to execute it. It is displaying the error as error on line 1...
Netflix has now open sourced it's Chaos Monkey on 30th july. Chaos Monkey is nothing but a wild monkey that is left open within a cloud to terminate instances. Sounds...
Microsoft just updated Homail as outlook..... just login to outlook.com from your hotmail/live credentials . First look is very simple and just simple looking mobile OneNote app and pretty fast.