Is nortel on verge of extiction?

The company's share value ahs swooped down from 400$ billion to just 2 cents in one year.

read more ..

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    400 billion? I guess it should be 400 million!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    The_Big_K
    400 billion? I guess it should be 400 million!
    You put me in confusion for a while :-|

I think its is $400B stock value . click the link Biggie :\
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I believe the author referred to market capitalization( in Canadian dollars, but thats besides the point πŸ˜› )

At its height, Nortel accounted for more than a third of the total valuation of all the companies listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX). Nortel's market capitalization fell from C$398 billion in September 2000 to less than $5 billion in August 2002.
    Nortel

Cisco could have ended up in the same hole, if it weren't for shrewd and aggressive initiatives by CEO John Chambers.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    er.. may be capital value. but then the company flourished so well.
    this saga sounds so familiar to Satyams Safa. hugh!
    money hungry people!
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Very sad!!

As said, the internet is indeed a very unpredictable business medium.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😁 I am back with this pDF> I just skimmed through it and found 28 pages of book is quite infomrative. it doesnot give intor of many things but then,...
Discuss the small talk : Jonathan Boutelle - SlideShare Insights - CrazyEngineers in this thread! πŸ˜€
There are 1000 rooms (numbered from 1 to 1000) and 1000 persons (also numbered from 1 to 1000). Assume that all doors are closed at first. 1. First person will...
Quick Heal CEan of the month June 2009 is... 😁CEan - CrazyBoy 😁 ​ CEan CrazyBoy aka Mr. Anil Jain is one of the oldest members of CrazyEngineers, actively involved...
Discuss the announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/26885-quick-heal-cean-month-june-09-a.html in this thread!