Is new rule to block Peer sharing site in India GOOD???

Now Airtel also join the Reliance, and blocked many sites (peer sharing, torrent, etc). Is this all is right?
Is government not trying to censorship Internet in India?

I also read one news about Anonymous Group (#-Link-Snipped-#) that they had made DDOS attack on Government site in Oppose of this. They also post a video on You Tube.

Replies

• shreyasstar
    shreyasstar
    As a user, blocking various torrent sites have affected for sure, but there are ways of bypassing this by using proxy sites, eg: hidemyass.com works great.
    It was a little irritating to know that the block have been announced to prevent circulation of some movie.
    Can't imagine the amount of censorship china faces ours might be just the beginning...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Moved the thread to debates section 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Compared to the Chinese & North Korean censorship the Indian one amounts to nothing. But one can bet that half the politicians in our country don't know anything about computers, let alone the internet. How would they know what is best for us? Which laws to pass and which not to?
    This all comes down again to whether one should support piracy or not.
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    I am totally agree with #-Link-Snipped-# . If we talk about Piracy, before Torrent and other peer to peer sites, and still today peoples are buying cds and dvds (pirated). And these are easily available everywhere.

All of us can find those sellers in the market. No one stopping them.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Facebook's famous $16 billion IPO's live and the company's estimated worth is $104 billion. Analysts have been saying that the social networking giant has been 'overvalued' and the share prices...
Can anybody suggest me methods to increase Torque and Power for Tata Nano. All that I am looking at is 63Nm of Torque and 40-50 ps power. Can Superchargers or...
Well, I had my Casio 115fx die on me DURING an exam, and I was p*ssed off, needless to say. I've used Orpat, but the one I have can't handle...
Hello Crazy Engineers, I'm currently a grad student pursuing my masters in Bioengineering (focusing on the development of medical and diagnostic devices). I did my undergrad in Instrumentation and Control...
Hi friends this is krishn. Am from rural area and I have completed my B.Tech with 82% in Computers domain. After joining in this CE I learned so many things...