Is networking course useful for computer engineers?

i am a 2nd year student pursuing engineering in branch CSE. i find that i am more intersted in networking as compared to software development. So my question is that should i go for a course in networking in my holidays?

i had heard that networking course is more helpful for the students of electricals and electronics because these branches deal in communication systems for which netwroking is necessary.

i am quite confused by the divided opinion of people i consulted. please help me out as i have to plan for my holidays. can anyone suggest me some good courses and places for doing a course in networking?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    I think CS guys have data cmmunications which is similar to Networking, and there is no huge advantage what Electronics guys have over CS guys 😀. No need to worry, if you are really interested you can start off with CompTIA foundation certification. Else you can look for standard networking academy like that of CISCO and enrol. But I doubt if this one will help you in non-cisco related general stuff as well
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The networking subject was severely limited in my Communications degree, I had to take a CompTIA cert just to keep up with times.

Actually, part 1 of Cisco's CCNA does cover general stuff that the CompTIA Network+ cert does, and is a lot more helpful since the former has a practical syllabus.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can i get the project idea
i want to do a project on elivator controlling system using plc for six floor home.i want to a fiow chart & the material required for doing this project.
i want to do a project on elivator controlling system using plc for six floor home.i want to a flow chart & the material required for doing this project.
what are the depletion mode transistor and their application in vlsi technology,???
Hi CEans, What is Cube technology.Is it a technology used by aliens from space or anything else?