Is living frugally & saving as much as you can - the way to deal with recession?

CEans,

I overheard a discussion that dealt with ways to fight with the ongoing world recession. People were saying that living frugally and saving as much as you can is 'the way' to deal with the recession. People have even been advising not to keep the money in banks because it's not safe there anymore.

What's your take?

Replies

• Differential
    Differential
    IMHO, saving is the best option, but its everyone's individual call to decide what extent they want to go on saving. Reducing needs would help saving more.

I am afraid of your second point. Is it so ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Differential
    I am afraid of your second point. Is it so ?
    I don't know for sure.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    I don't know for sure.
    YUP, In india for all private bank only amount upto 1 Lakh is insured by government. So in case if your bank will file bankruptcy you will not get more then a lakh and all your money will .. ๐Ÿ˜

This is the reason people afraid to put money in private banks. Buddy, after the demoliation of LB, daily deposit of SBI rose drastically, as its a government institution.

-Crazy
  • Differential
    Differential
    crazyboy
    YUP, In india for all private bank only amount upto 1 Lakh is insured by government. So in case if your bank will file bankruptcy you will not get more then a lakh and all your money will .. ๐Ÿ˜

This is the reason people afraid to put money in private banks. Buddy, after the demoliation of LB, daily deposit of SBI rose drastically, as its a government institution.

-Crazy

Thanks Boy ! It worried me but I have to take some decision. ๐Ÿ˜’
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    tat will be conductive to recession,saving surely a gamble
  • Lock-Os
    Lock-Os
    Well, saving is important if you haven't been saving enough cash as of late, and cutting back a little is a good thing some times. But I don't think one needs to completely change. If you try and get the most out of what you buy, then you'll be just fine.

If anything, the only way to get the economy back on track is to spend. Ironic, seeing as that is certainly a cause to the current problem. But, if you use debit and cash and Rarely credit, then I see no problem in buying a few extra things right now.

If anything, since companies are cutting back on production, now is the perfect time to buy any kind of industrial equipment that you might need. Drill presses, hammers... things of that nature should now fall in price. So if anything, this is kind of a boon to anyone wanting to set up their own workshop of sorts.
  • gohm
    gohm
    The answer totally depends on your economical system in use. In a capitalist, free market system, spending in deed is the way to lessen and negate a recession. Saving and especially removing your funds from the system by withdrawl out of the banking system will make it worse.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Wall Street Journal reports that Jerry Yang is all set to step down as CEO of Yahoo Inc., USA. What do you think is next in line for Yahoo?
Write a program to evaluate a determinant of any order n*n. Input would be the value of n and the determinant itself.The output is the value of the determinant. ๐Ÿ˜
Hi Can any one tell me how to represent a Sparse Matrix using arrays. and also how to add two sparse matrices.๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Hi, I am new to this and a warm hello to all. Looking forward to having a great time. Thanks. A ===============
Hi, Have some very interesting opportunities with a major product company here in Hyderabad, India. The company, founded in 1981, with 90 offices worldwide and more than 1600 employees and...