Is JAVA + C++ a good combination for 6 months industrial training??

i am undergoing 6 month industrial training in java..and i feel somewhere my oops concepts are still weak..should i do a c++ course along with it?? i think i'll mix both these languages and get even more confused.. what should i do??
i also consulted many other institutes & found that everyone has their own style of teaching java..so i am not able to choose the correct one..please suggest some valuable measures that could help me..

Replies

• Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    #-Link-Snipped-# you say that your oops concepts are still weak .So don't worry Java is an object oriented language ,as you learn it side by side just compare the syntax of c++ and you'll get it.No need of separate course for java .๐Ÿ˜€
    And by comparing things you would reduce the chance of getting those things messed up . Because even I'm learning that way.
  • Rits rishi
    Rits rishi
    shailaja revathi
    #-Link-Snipped-# you say that your oops concepts are still weak .So don't worry Java is an object oriented language ,as you learn it side by side just compare the syntax of c++ and you'll get it.No need of separate course for java .๐Ÿ˜€
    And by comparing things you would reduce the chance of getting those things messed up . Because even I'm learning that way.
    thanku so much ๐Ÿ˜€ i think by practice i'll learn more concepts,so m referring various online java programming exercises.
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    For me, OOPS concepts is not only writing class or interface.
    OOPS concepts has nothing much to do with JAVA or C++ or for that matter any thing else.
    One can write program a very bad Java program without using OOPS.

OOPS basically revolves around four key concepts:
    1)Inheritance.
    2)Abstraction.
    3)Polymorphism
    4)Encapsulation.

Some of the advance concepts are
    Dynamic dispatch, Decoupling, Single Responsibility principle...

Advance concepts are nothing but better use of the basic concepts.

To begin with OOPS concepts, you need to first visualize it in order to make sure you make appropriate classes and interfaces.

To visualize, try drawing your solution on a sheet of paper something in form of UML-class diagram. (Even if its not a valid one, still it will help.)

One key note would be to make sure that the data you are passing around would have only a single owner.

PS:
    There are many people who know OOPS concepts very well and are master in them when it comes to explanations, but there are very few who can put it to practice. Its not something which can be learnt within a day or two, it might take weeks, months or years. So don't feel bad about it, if you keep practicing, you would be better at it. As far as classes goes, I don't think they are really needed.(Just a personal opinion, feel free to ignore.)
  • Rits rishi
    Rits rishi
    simplycoder
    For me, OOPS concepts is not only writing class or interface.
    OOPS concepts has nothing much to do with JAVA or C++ or for that matter any thing else.
    One can write program a very bad Java program without using OOPS.

OOPS basically revolves around four key concepts:
    1)Inheritance.
    2)Abstraction.
    3)Polymorphism
    4)Encapsulation.

Some of the advance concepts are
    Dynamic dispatch, Decoupling, Single Responsibility principle...

Advance concepts are nothing but better use of the basic concepts.

To begin with OOPS concepts, you need to first visualize it in order to make sure you make appropriate classes and interfaces.

To visualize, try drawing your solution on a sheet of paper something in form of UML-class diagram. (Even if its not a valid one, still it will help.)

One key note would be to make sure that the data you are passing around would have only a single owner.

PS:
    There are many people who know OOPS concepts very well and are master in them when it comes to explanations, but there are very few who can put it to practice. Its not something which can be learnt within a day or two, it might take weeks, months or years. So don't feel bad about it, if you keep practicing, you would be better at it. As far as classes goes, I don't think they are really needed.(Just a personal opinion, feel free to ignore.)
    thank you again ๐Ÿ˜€ i think i underestimated myself too much!..Honestly, few days ago i felt i'll never be good in oops /java ever.. but when i was answerable to my teacher i felt relieved..i think i just need to believe in myself n be confident.i try to practice codes daily..i guess within a month or two i'll make my oops stronger ๐Ÿ˜€ wish me luck guys(Fingers crossed) ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The USB 3.0 promoter group has announced the availability of USB 3.1 specifications. What's the most important point to notice is that the new standard will offer whooping 10 Gbps...
Let's collect all the coolest Google Search Tricks that make the it the most awesome search engine in the world. Use Google As A Countdown Timer Want to set up...
I was looking up on where/how we are hosting these forums. After some help/information as well as some research i know that we use Xenforo Environment over Zend framework hosted...
I was just browsing through some catalogs of fans yesterday, and i discovered one thing: while table fans and pedestal fans have their speed in the range of 1000-2000 RPM,...
Could anyone explain me briefly about the differences between neutral and ground in an electrical system?