Is it safe to remove Desktop.Os.dll file from the system ?

I am using Avast antivirus. I found this message adware blocked.

Is it safe to remove Desktop.Os.dll file from computer.

I use Windows 8 Os.

If i delete it, Will it affect my Os performance ?

Replies

• Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    It seems Desktop.Os.dll is a dynamic linking library file related to Yontoo desktop application and is deemed safe. You can go ahead and delete it or ignore the warning given by your anti virus
  • Wrath
    Wrath
    I think its related to WebcakeDesktop application. Since it is installed on my system. So i think it is related to webcakedesktop application.

And yes i have deleted the file. Now it is cleared. No more warning from my antivirus.

Thanks for your reply Nick.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've a spare modem, Linksys E2000 which I want to configure as a range extender or wireless repeater. There are DD-WRT firmware versions available that 'promise' to allow to do...
I don't know how WebCakeDesktop software is installed on my computer. I have this software installed from past few weeks. I have thought that this is a built-in software. I...
India's leading automobile maker, Tata Motors and the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) have jointly developed India's first fuel cell powered bus, after several years of research. The final model...
World's largest tunneling machine, "Bertha" has recently had the first day at job that will last about 14 months. Finally, after a lot of testing Bertha has began doing what...
Indian Telecom Department is working on development of a sub $100 smartphone to drive the broadband push, one of the top telecom officials has disclosed to ToI. The move, if...