Is It Right To Blame BP For The Oil Spill

Do you think it is right to blame BP for the oil spill? It happened by mistake and had BP been aware that such an accident might happen, they'd have taken appropriate measures to prevent it.

Yet, it is BP that is responsible for their systems.

What do you think?

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Wasn't BP warned that there was a potential failure in the blowout preventor? Its probably due to bureaucracy that it wasn't fixed in time. But then again.. no matter who's fault it is exactly (BP, Transocean, Halliburton, etc) the focus is on to fix the leak and clean the mess up first. Then the arduous process to find out the guilty parties can start.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    a BP employer did warn the higher officials about the fault. As Ash said, who so ever is at fault, - all that needs attention is a thorough clean up.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I think this is quite amazing, a team of engineers and scientists at umich.edu have developed self healing concrete. The best thing is, all the material needed is water &...
Germany is going to play against Spain for an entry in FIFA 2010 final and I'm sure everyone here is going to be glued to their TV Sets. This thread...
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
This is a conflicting question that frustrates me. what extent of dependency is good? in sense healthy. There are two facets of it, dependency and getting way by lettings other...
Hi every one, My project is Design and Implementation of Integer Factorization Tool based on Multiple Algorithms.I have written code using trial division method, pollards factorization methods ,ecm,quadratic sieve algorithms.I...