Is it possible to disable a stolen android phone?

I'm wondering if the facility exists in Android out of the box. I'd rather send a special code to my mobile phone via SMS and the phone would automatically disable itself. I'm also thinking if the GPS receiver inbuilt would be of any use to track the real time location of the phone.

I don't see any such facility in my Android 4.3 powered phone. Wondering if Kit-Kat has it.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    'Android Device Manager' can locate,ring or wipe data from your device using internet.

For more details visit official Google Android wiki : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think 'Android Lost' is another good app on Google Play Store.
    It lets you remotely control your Android phone from the internet or by SMS.

It can remotely wipe phone, lock phone, erase SD card, locate by GPS or network, start alarm with flashing screen, remote SMS lock and unlock, remote SMS APN control, start/stop WIFI etc.. to name a few!

We should be particularly fond of Android Lost because you can push the app to the phone from Google Play (formerly the Android Market) remotely.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    If you have Samsung based Android phone, download Samsung Link and link you laptop with your device.

After that Samsung Link gives you all the facility to track, wipe out data, access data, lock, disable mobile.

I hope that will help you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Why sports cars designed the chassis is nearly to ground.I know a little bit I.e., to achieve high speed.But need complete information.
Hi, I am working as a vacation engineer in a gas distribution company in Australia. My supervisor has given me a task of coming up with a disign plan to...
If we know the volumetric flow rates of the water going into the two branches, then what would be the velocity of the water coming out?
Full form of JPEG (aka .jpeg aka .jpg) is Joint Photographic Experts Group. .jpeg or often used as .jpg is one of the most commonly used image file formats on...