Is it possible to charge mobile phone using magnetic induction??

Hello engineers,
we all know that relative motion between a magnetic field and a conductor produces electromotive force in a conductor.

Now i have some issues regarding it:
1) Will it(induced voltage) be AC or DC?(I think it's AC but don't know exactly)
2) can we induce sufficient voltage to charge up the mobile?
3) I have tried using a pair of magnets and a conductor but it doesn't show any deflection in digital multimeter.So can any one suggest a practical approach toward this phenomenon?

I want to use it in this way:
a magnet along with other components are connected in such a manner that while walking ,due to magnetic induction emf is produced.
Think like a magnet on an ankle and other stuff on another can produce emf..
It's kind of crazy,isn't it?
But if you have any suggestion then please help me.

Replies

• lal
    lal
    I have tried using a pair of magnets and a conductor
    Actually, the induced EMF will depend on the magnetic flux linkage. So we need to think of how to increase that!😀 So we have to increase the magnetic power or the no of conductors. If you try using a single condutor, you cant see any induced electricity. The relative velocity of the condutors and magnet counts too...😀
    The induced emf is given by E=BLV(assuming conductor is perpendicular to field. If not multiply by sin(a), where 'a' is the angle between conductor and field).
    Here B-Magnetic power, L-length of conductor, V-velocity

a magnet along with other components are connected in such a manner that while walking ,due to magnetic induction emf is produced.
    I think, we wont get enough emf. Because as said earlier, to produce a fair amount of emf, you want good powerful magnet and lot of conductors. So the system would go really bulky and heavy. I think costly too...
    But as an alternative, we can use piezoelectric crystals for better output😀 May be placing it just under your shoes and thats all! You are done 😉
  • 20may07ec102
    20may07ec102
    Thank you friend.
    Thank you very much.
    I may go with this new concept of piezoelectricity instead of wasting my time.
    I have found so many information through google.Thanks again.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Seems you are talking about wirless charging,

See, if this can help you - #-Link-Snipped-#

-CB
  • lal
    lal
    Dont forget to post your updates with the project...
  • sankar3
    sankar3
    20may07ec102
    It's kind of crazy,isn't it?
    But if you have any suggestion then please help me.
    hi fiend, i am doing the project on mobile charging in journey on cars, bikes etc.. i think our concept is similar that is to charge the mobile by the emf produced by the mechanical motion of magnets....
  • 20may07ec102
    20may07ec102
    lal
    Dont forget to post your updates with the project...
    Sure. if i will succeed.😀
  • 20may07ec102
    20may07ec102
    sankar3
    hi fiend, i am doing the project on mobile charging in journey on cars, bikes etc.. i think our concept is similar that is to charge the mobile by the emf produced by the mechanical motion of magnets....
    Yes i had the same concept in mind.But it is good with your idea with vehicles.Mine is bit impractical with humans.:neutral:.You too don't forget to post your project details.Best of Luck.
  • 20may07ec102
    20may07ec102
    Thanks to all of you for replying.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys! What is web proxy server? I think it is to allow internal client's access to the Internet from behind a firewall. Can anyone tell me clearly what it...
I have four 3.7V 1400mAh Li-ion batteries that are to be connected in series so as to get resultant voltage of 14.8V and 1400mAH current rating. My problem is that...
Outlook Plugin Beta(drop.io) This Outlook plug-in allows you to select up to 100MB of files and then choose your own custom download URL to share them through e-mail. ...... Click...
hi what does interpolation physically mean in signals and systems
hi electric potential at a point in a electric field is defined as amount of work done in moving a unit positive charge from infinity to that point against electric...