Is it possible to charge a mobile using speech?

there is a lot of questions arises when think about mobile...?is there is a way to charge a mobile phone using sound energy that is when speaking..?it is possible to make that like of mobile phones ...?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dr. Sang-Woo Kim of Institute Of Nanotechnolgy at Sungkyunkwan University in South Korea has been developing a design to harvest energy from sound waves. Zinc Oxide sandwitched between electrodes has produced promising results and could convert sound of about 100 dB to generate 50 mV of electricity. But this energy is not enough to charge your phone. For more information, read: Mobile phones could be charged by the power of speech

A lot of work needs to be done on this front. If you have any ideas to achieve this, do share them with us.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    100dB is too loud that it can damage the ear if exposed for longer period of time.
    Hence, Fail!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    சும்மா இருப்பதே சுகம். Silence is golden.
    Many decades back there was a report that the total enregy of all the lectures by a senior professor in a year was worth ten cents.

You will conserve battery charge more by minimising unnecessary speech on the mobile. There just is not enough energy in speech especially on the mobile.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Reading about India's upcoming ambitious Mars mission, I discovered that ISRO and Indian Government is spending over Rs. 450 crore to send a satellite to orbit mars. What's more shocking...
Busindia.com is aiming to be the IRCTC of online bus ticket reservations in India. The online bus reservation system was made popular by RedBus and since its acquisition we've seen...
Looks like 'quit Facebook' movement is getting bigger. Though not directly related; Sri Lanka government doesn't want Lankans to be spending time on the world's largest social networking site. According...
TCS has introduced an email writing test for all the fresher candidates. We've been getting queries about how to crack the test, tips to prepare for the test. We're dedicating...
I read "How To Present Yourself In Seminar" such a dope thread. But question arises that How to create the presentation ? I mean how to create awesome PPT containing...