CrazyEngineers
  • Hi All,
    I have 4+ years of experience in Development(Microsoft Technologies). Now, I would like to change from Development to Testing. Is it possible to do so? If yes, then how can I show case my self as a tester and how to apply for new jobs in terms of testing as I have experience in development. Will they count my previous experience.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla

MemberOct 31, 2013

The answer depends on how your manager thinks you are, I dont say this is a easy move. But if you are moved into testing now you will be a fresher in testing and you will be paid way higher than others with similar experience.

So Mostly people donot prefer it, but its not impossible.

Answer few questions for me,

Why do you want to move into testing?
    If you are working on Microsoft technologies, what exactly they are? Do you know Visual Studio?
    What part of testing you are interested into ? Manual or Automation?
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorOct 31, 2013

A developer getting into software testing is quite an interesting move. You may build up your case as an ideal fit for automation testing. With your background in software development, you will be easily able to grasp software testing. I don't think it will be a tough move though.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register