is "IEEE Projects" killing Innovation in IT students in India

There has been a recent trend across all Indian Engineering Colleges Especially in Computer Science and IT. Lecturers and Project Guides want students to work on IEEE projects, in simple terms implement the papers that are published in IEEE conferences and Journals. Most of the Topics are Research Oriented and are published as partial fulfillment for the award of Phd. or M. Tech. When BE or B. Tech students take up such topics, they hardly ever go close to understanding on what issue they are working, leave apart implementing it. There are many application areas where a student can work, that ranges from E-Commerce, Security, Real Time Software or Custom Product development. Rather than Encouraging the students to take up such topics, is it really worth to enforce so called "IEEE Projects" on them??

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Check it out here: Teachers' Domain: Ten Fun Facts About Engineering I am sure you would love it.
NASA is using Nexus S phones to upgrade volleyball-sized Synchronized Position Hold, Engage, Reorient, Experimental Satellites nicknamed "SPHERES" originally developed by MIT. The phones help the robotic satellites perform tasks...
I heard the campus placement procedure is as follows: 1. Test 2. Technical Interview 3. HR Interview No GD Round. (Please confirm this.) The test consists of following sections: 1....
Bajaj Auto is a globally renowned company. The company is the fourth largest in the world in manufacturing two- and three- wheeler vehicles. It visits campuses across India for recruiting...
hi all, can u share which schools have you applied...i applied here:- 1.michigann ann arbor 2.penn state univ 3.virginiatech 4.texas a&m for the course industrial & systems engineering...anybody has idea...