Is "Google Me" Real?

The whole world is silently talking about it. With people like Kevin Rose (Digg's Co-Founder) & Adam D'Angelo (Facebook's former CTO) confirming the rumor to some extent; it's highly possible that Google has employed a large team to build a social network of its own to rival world's biggest social network - Facebook.

Facebook has already claimed the #1 spot in USA and is taking over all other rival social networks (viz. Orkut, Hi5, Myspace) in all other parts of the world. Facebook has already defeated Google in social networking domain and Google can't sit idle. Google is planning to use its huge array of social sites (YouTube, Docs, Orkut, Profiles, Latitude, Maps) to build a unified service called 'Google Me'.

#-Link-Snipped-#
Google Me

However, even with its current properties, it is going to be very tough for Google to compete with Facebook. People have already set their homes in Facebook and they have their photos, videos, friends, groups all in Facebook. It would be tough for Google to pull them out of Facebook and make them active in 'Google Me'.

"They (Google) thought Facebook's growth will slow down with its size. But it did not happen. Now they are really scared.", said FB's former CTO Adam D'Angelo.

What are your thoughts on trying out another social network? Do you think Google will release "Google Me"? Will it be successful?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

An entrepreneurs' journey is about using the resources and multiplying them to get the great results. It is important to save and deploy cash in the best ways possible. I...
NPTEL is an acronym for National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning which is an initiative by seven Indian Institutes of Technology (i.e. IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and...
Google has released a new version of YouTube for HTML5 compatible mobile browsers. If you have a phone that has HTML5 supporting browser, you should check out m.youtube.com. The new...
I confess, I am a Firefox fanboy. I am extremely biased towards Firefox and have been steadfastly sticking to that browser since 2002. Despite all the commotion around Chrome and...
Mozilla is getting ready for the new version of the hugely popular web browser that will be called Firefox 4 and has released the first beta version for the new...