Is FB's emotion study safe?

This news has been the sensation on the TV's and Internet nut i don't know how we missed it. So here is the discussion for all CEans. Is Facebooks secret emotion study safe?
Was the Facebook emotion experiment unethical?
Facebook Faces Government Probe Over Study That Manipulated Users' Emotions Without Telling Them
Facebook Added 'Research' To User Agreement 4 Months After Emotion Manipulation Study
Facebook Tinkers With Users’ Emotions in News Feed Experiment, Stirring Outcry
These were the headlines of major dailies and online newspapers.

Whats your take on this?
Is it ethical for FB to study users emotions?
Will it change the users habits/emotions?
Does it have any harm?
Advantages/Disadvantages?

Come on we will discuss here

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    tagging online CEans@#-Link-Snipped-#,@#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#,@#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#,@#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#, @#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    any views here!!!
    ,#-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#
    Katdare , @[Prototype] , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-#
    Goenka,#-Link-Snipped-#,
    #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# ,
    @beingab,#-Link-Snipped-#
    KANNAN
    , #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#
    Caroline , #-Link-Snipped-#
    Rawal, #-Link-Snipped-#
    Katdare
  • Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    cent percent sure it will not be safe!!! Though you have well secured account lots of privacy using the social websites according to me,it will not be usefull because fake accounts are growing day-to-day.FB-Fakebook 😛

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEan, Which is most preferred and trustworthy website to make money and why do you prefer it. Be open! We don't ask you how much you are earning. I'm just...
The researchers at KU Leuven's Institute for Astronomy have developed a new way of determining the age of fledgling stars. This new method not only identifies young stars but also...
The Belgium team will try to counter the Messi Magic today in Brazil. I'm inviting all the CEans to join in and enjoy the match with fellow CEans. Live comments,...
So, we make it a point to tweet all the latest updates from CrazyEngineers on our official account at Twitter. I just took a moment to see who all had...
I was trying to find out which web server does Google use to power its websites, but couldn't find any concrete information. Later, Wikipedia article informed that Google's built their...