Is eating sweet after a meal healthy or not?

Hi Folks,

I am a huge fan of sweets and often have a bite right after a meal. I would like to know how many of you do the same. Moreover, is it healthy to have sweet items such as fruits, or chocolate or even a sweet delicacy right after any meal? Does not eating a sweet after a spicy meal balance your taste buds within your tongue?

What's your take on this? What other options do you follow? It could be chewing a chewing gum or simple drinking a Pepsi.

Discuss!!

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Eating sweet is customary a practice and it is regarded as healthy for many reasons. Apart from balancing the taste, sweets are mark to a happy meal and that is why this custom was introduced. If you keep the technology aside this, it is delicious 😛
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I think lighter discussions can be moved to chitchat sections..😀
    I dont know about eating sweets after meals, but i do eat a chocolate everytime i leave the house 😁
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Sweet (or savoury) it is just more calories. In that sense there is no specific advantage or disadvantage eating a sweet after meals In rural Karnataka people customarily eat a piece of jaggery after food.
    The possible downside is if the sugar remains in the mouth and not rinsed off cavities may result.
    Just as an aside, the taste buds on the tongue were considered to be distributed in a particular pattern. Later studies disproved this.
    Tongue Map
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    As long as the sweet is the 'natural' sweet - 'fructose' - you can have it. But all the artificial sweets - the one you find in sweet marts is a strict no! Why? Because your body already converts the carbohydrates which have been left unconsumed into sweet. The pancreas regulate the amount of sugar necessary for the body. Anything extra is basically a mild poison that 'shows' effects in the old age. This age, in recent times, has come down to under 40s.

Most of the natural sweet is welcomed by the body. If you are a diabetic, you should not eat sugarcane - even if it's a naturally occurring sweet!

If you understand Hindi, I'd strongly recommend listening to Late. Shri. Rajiv Dixit's lectures on Ayurved & healthy eating habits.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    As long as it is within limit nothing is bad or unhealthier .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

would you like please to explain the difference between synchronous and asynchronous interruptions? Thanks in advance
Hey guys, I have an unusual question in my mind and I think you all will think I am a crack after it. Fire- One element of nature. Power to...
Yes we need an urgent discussion on this topic.Are we posting quality threads? or we just wasting time by posting unrelated topics and give more time to other fields tgan...
Today i heard new BigBang theory just try to share with u. Our all planets expanding like as elastic(rubber) and after a certain time all planets will condense and held...
Hey, I want to know the scholarship criteria for MS preferably from US.. And how much fee waiver is given..?