Is Data Scientist different than Data Analyst?

Is data Scientist a good career option?
What is the future of a data scientist?
what pay should a data scientist expect?
what is the nature of work given to data scientist?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Here you go:

• Aakash Gupta
    Aakash Gupta
    I appreciate ur help,however other than this video could u please give me some other suggestion?advice?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crazy24
    Is data Scientist a good career option?
    Yes it is. You will however have to find out whether the career offers the most important things that you expect from your career. It'd also depend upon what kind of organization you join. If you join a big research based organization or a big data company - you can expect to do lot of interesting work. If you join a outsourced development company, you might be asked to do very mundane, boring work. There are so many variables that without knowing your background and interests; it's difficult to make a suggestion.

crazy24
    What is the future of a data scientist?
    Very very bright! The internet and research companies are going to need them to help with critical decision making. Perhaps most of the companies will eventually need expert data scientists.

crazy24
    what pay should a data scientist expect?
    That's a question I'm not comfortable answering. Depends upon the kind of company you join, your skills, your location, project.
    crazy24
    what is the nature of work given to data scientist?
    Building statistical models, helping with decision making, performing A/B tests for projects and so on. I think most of the data scientists first discover the problems and then find their solutions. Now these are 'high level' tasks. Day to day work may involve building data queries, developing machine learning, building prediction models and so on.
  • Aakash Gupta
    Aakash Gupta
    Thank you sir, that helped ๐Ÿ‘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We've spent quite a lot of time perfecting our resume builder app - to be offered as a part of our Welcome - CrazyEngineers ecosystem. If you haven't signed up...
I have completed BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering in June 2014. I have also done PLC and SCADA course and worked in an Automation Company for a very low salary...
While CE is adapting the greatest change in engineering ecosystem and is on the verge of adding the primary feather in its crown, light, the true essence of our existence...
which is the best book in electrical engineering ?
When i make a post, like in the download section, it wont let me create new tag, only use existing keyword tags that pop up after typing first two letters....