Is Cryptography A Solution To Escape Surveillance Programs By Government?

After Snowden's expose of how the United States government monitors the activity of people around the world, there was an uproar about protecting one's privacy. People later learned that India too is all set to launch its own monitoring system - called Central Monitoring System (CMS) by the year end. With CMS, the government will be able to get access to all your personal information, including emails, text messages, instant messages, your data on social networks etc. So those who really care about keeping their data totally personal from Government's eyes, have been wondering if there's a way to escape these surveillance programs.

It looks like a lot of people are wondering whether encrypting their data is the right and effective way to achieve this. You can encrypt data and unless you know the exact mechanisms to decrypt it, no one can really see what's hidden.

What's your take on this?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Use #-Link-Snipped-# ๐Ÿ˜. But internet speed goes down by to 10-20% and no flash support (Flash may steal your data)
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    All your encrypted data will be decoded at any point of time I don't think that is a solution to this issue at all

But it can reduce the amount of data theft by the government to a great extent

But How many of us are great encrypters and once this becomes a trend Free encryption softwares will surface and that will eventually be wired to the Data hub of government

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Wish you many many Happy Returns of the Day kidakaka Have a rocking year ahead. ๐Ÿ˜ ๐ŸŽ‰ Party Time !!๐ŸŽ‰
[updated 30/7/2013] Hi CEans, Since my short break from work is looming soon, I thought I'd just share some plans I have in mind. I hope throughout this process we...
I've been reading several reports that the Dropbox app running on iPhone, Android and even Mac has resulted into quick battery drain. It looks like the excessive CPU usage, which...
in general in India we have 50Hz frequency of power distribution is using and others 60Hzs,i was shocked when gone through the aircraft power distribution where it takes 400Hz of...
We all have seen the Ambassador, the car loosely based on the Morris Oxford III, manufactured by Hindustan Motors at its Uttarpara plant near Kolkata West Bengal, the choice of...