Is CrazyEngineers too complicated for new members?

CEans,

Often, I receive feedback from members that the site is too complicated/difficult to understand.

We've discussed this before, through conferences, and through CE Forums. However, I'm looking to seek more feedback from all our members, especially new members.

It would be great help if you could answer following questions -

1. Did you land directly on the forums or on our front page? What was your first impression?

2. Did you feel totally lost?

3. Did you have problems understanding how this site works? (Registration, starting a thread, posting a response etc.)

4. Did you think the discussions are 'for highly technical people' & difficult to understand OR 'just normal as you'd have expected'?

5. Were you completely new to the concept of forums before you stumbled upon CE?

I look forward to your responses.

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Biggie, is it possible for you to force display this post like you did for the Rules acceptance thing? In case members miss this thread 😀
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Hope i'm not going off topic, but wasn't there supposed to a CE starter kit of some kind?? Maybe if people get a "manual" on how to go about the forum, they won't find it too difficult..
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Most of the new comers are saying me that CE is too difficult to understood.
    And they are not able to create even a new thread in CE- introductions.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Biggie, is it possible for you to force display this post like you did for the Rules acceptance thing? In case members miss this thread 😀
    Yes, it is possible. Actually, I wanted to keep the number of rules (and overall content on the rules page minimum). We also disable the 'Yes' button on that page for about 20 seconds so that people 'actually' stay on that page for some time and read our basic posting rules.

mad_scientist
    Hope i'm not going off topic, but wasn't there supposed to a CE starter kit of some kind?? Maybe if people get a "manual" on how to go about the forum, they won't find it too difficult..
    Ash has worked on it and it will be released soon. I guess he's working on screencasts. Let's first understand what's the pain point - then find solutions 😀 . Starter Kit had different aims and is a much bigger download.

sahithi pallavi
    Most of the new comers are saying me that CE is too difficult to understood.
    And they are not able to create even a new thread in CE- introductions.
    Yep, guides on how to post are in the making. What else did they find difficult?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    the other thing is some of them dont know To activate their accounts after registerd.
    They are trying to sign in directly with out activating.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    biggie a newbie may not able to search a 1 out of 100 thread.Whatever you want to make,make it big and highlight it(tutorial) may attract them..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's right. We'll display important posts (links) in the notices area (above the forum) to members who are just registered and logged in 😀
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    That's right. We'll display important posts (links) in the notices area (above the forum) to members who are just registered and logged in 😀
    its good Biggie. 😁 and it makes easier for Newbies.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    yes biggie its should be like a main heading like ce-Headquarters as CE-Tutorial and the sections are in a sub topics..(like how to introduce,create a thread etc.,)
  • safwan
    safwan
    Biggie when I was newbie I also had problem of posting threads but it was due to not known to the meaning of what is Forum and its system but after some times it becomes normal.

I think This problem occurs may be many People they don't know Forums and its systems .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I am having Oralce 9i databases in my system and I want to format a system,so how to take backup of oracle database and what are the steps I...
Here’s how: 1. First open Command Prompt (Start>Run>Type “cmd” without the quotes) 2. On the flushing cursor type “diskpart” (again without the quotes) Note: Wait for the Diskpart> and the...
if SI engine fuel is changed from Petrol to LPG (Liquified petroleum gas), will there be any drop in engine life. What are the adverse effects expected from the outcome...
Hi All, Since last few hours I am trying a script for disabling right click in all browsers done either through keyboard or mouse. It is working fine in other...
i am making a IR emitter detector circuit in which i have to use a preset resistor which is a three pin variable resistor of this type- please anyone tell...