Is Core engineering more attractive to you ?

Well the question makes the content of the topic complete

But Getting your own idea alone is not the answer It would be great if CEans can conduct mini survey among your class mates and post it here as well

Debate on Core lesser pay But really interesting field to work if you enjoy it

IT section Little better pay But a really stressfull job for non interested students

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Not a debate topic. Moving to chit-chat.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Hey guys, I would like to put forward a topic of discussion based on jobs and placements right out of college.

College Campus Recruitment has made life of a lot of engineers easier. they get an opportunity to earn and develop right out of the college and make their own life. But in today's scenario, Engineers from Non-IT Background, like Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Electronics and Telecommunications, Industrial, Mining are being placed in IT companies like Accenture, TCS, Infosys, Tech Mahindra, Wipro and many others. The Companies are hiring engineers in mass irrespective of their majors. They have made academic percentage as a mark for eligibility and this has hampered progress of those students which belong to IT background like Information Technology and Computer Science. These students miss their shot at getting placed in companies where they are actually supposed to be working.

The point of Discussion is:

Is this justified?
    Is this fair to all of the engineering community as a whole?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    IT HARDLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE WHETHER THIS IS JUSTIFIED OR NOT, THIS HAS BECOME A TREND NOWADAYS.

THE NON-IT PEOPLE STUDYING IN ORDINARY COLLEGES ARE STUDYING ONLY TO END UP IN IT COMPANIES AFTER THE END OF THEIR STUDIES !!!
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    PS: This topic has been debated so many times pls avoid reposting existing thread

It will be great if we search the forum before starting any new thread
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    If that job can feed a family, nothing want to be justified.

The present scenario of less job oppourtunity force the students to get a job which may not be the related field of him.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    CSK AUTO
    If that job can feed a family, nothing want to be justified.

The present scenario of less job oppourtunity force the students to get a job which may not be the related field of him.
    Actually core job are higher secure jobs and once you land in a core company you just know that only your option is going to get you out of the company

The saying
    The other shore is greener
    Is apt for this
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Conqueror
    Actually core job are higher secure jobs and once you land in a core company you just know that only your option is going to get you out of the company

The saying

Is apt for this
    I dont thnk getting a core job is much easier but at the same time most of the graduating people are first graduates from their family and its very difficult to search for core job of his field.Itsmuch easier to get a IT job and it helps him to meet the necessary requirements .
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    CSK AUTO
    I dont thnk getting a core job is much easier but at the same time most of the graduating people are first graduates from their family and its very difficult to search for core job of his field.Itsmuch easier to get a IT job and it helps him to meet the necessary requirements .
    PS: Getting a core job is easier and your training duration is lesser

You will not get kicked out

Job security point of view you are a king First graduates need a secure job not a mere job I hope you get my point loud and clear
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    CSK AUTO

It is easier to get in IT sector doesn't mean that it is justified. Companies need people in bulk and that is the reason that all engineers are allowed to appear. But there should be a rule that IT background people should get a preference. This is just ruining the balance between employment within IT and Core companies. And in this process, many of the IT engineers are losing their means of livelihood if you want to see it that way. Why don't Non-IT people look for a job in their respective fields. If they are not successful then they are most welcome in IT sector
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Are you saying that the IT students are lacking the potential to get qualified to be placed in the IT companies

I am not sure that is the scenario People from IT CS and ECE are generally placed in these firms in large numbers and they are some way or other related to IT fields

But some mechanical and Civil students get placed and I used to wonder how they survive in IT firms

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Friends, I am looking forward to see if there is Plugin or app available so I can open multiple Twitter account in my browser. Do you have any idea...
Hi Guys, I've completed B.E.-E.C.E last year, and I'm working in the VoIP field as a Network Operations Centre Engineer (N.O.C) for the past 10 months. I was also on...
Catch Notes app is going to shut down by August 30. Catch Notes did not get the expected user base that it aimed for and that has led them to...
As most of us will be aware, every SQL query has an explain plan that lists out the steps that Oracle is going to take in order to execute the...
When you work on large volumes of data, it becomes very important that you write your queries in the most optimized way possible. As a bad query can delay your...