1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Is Big Data certification a good option for undergraduates?

Question asked by Koustubh Muktibodh in #Big Data on Aug 4, 2018
Koustubh Muktibodh
Koustubh Muktibodh · Aug 4, 2018
Rank E1 - BEGINNER

I have a 1 year of experience in JavaScript Web Development. I also did MEAN STACK course in Pune, but i am not getting a good job. So, I am thinking to learn Big Data from Hyderabad. Is it okay for me to go for this course?. Will I get good package in this area? and what institutes I must join which provides best learning and jobs?

Thanks.

Posted in: #Big Data
Ankita Katdare
Ankita Katdare · Aug 6, 2018
Rank A1 - PRO

Some good institutes for BigData training are -

1. Jigsaw Academy
  2. AnalytixLabs

I have heard that they provide placement assistance to students upon completion of the course, but I'd suggest you read online reviews of these institutes and also directly call and connect with the authorities for enquiring about the placement of previous batches.

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Aug 6, 2018
Rank A1 - PRO

I could help but I'd first need to know what all do they teach in BigData course. A general advise would be to search for bigdata jobs available in the market, their eligibility criteria and then find out if the course covers that. 

Koustubh Muktibodh
Koustubh Muktibodh · Aug 6, 2018
Rank E1 - BEGINNER

Thanks. But is this course beneficial for me. Will I get good package in this segment? Or I should search for mean stack jobs only?

Karshil Sheth
Karshil Sheth · Jan 21, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

Becoming a certified means you are really good and its good for the business also. 

Lets see the case where a fresher with a certificate and without certificate, who will get a job?

So without certificate you need to prove yourself in the interview with bunch of questions and also some practicals for them. You may or may not be selected upon the interview and the chances are 50%.

But if you are certified, they know that something you have in your skills that make you differ from other. If you just clear their technical round with project explanation, Bang on!! You are definitely selected as you have shown your interest and dedication along with a certification.

So I recommend to be a certified whether it be paid, but it will help you a lot. Also you can have various online courses through which you can learn and avail the certificates. I had done Big Data Essential -1 course from IBM's cognitive class and it was very well. So be certified whether its big data or any stack.!!  

supriya VN gowda
supriya VN gowda · Jan 22, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

Yes it's good to learn big data many companies are asking about big data now a days. Most of interviews i attended they asked me about big data so it's good option to learn big data. 

Big data helps you to get job easily, there are more projects on big data. In my college we have big data as elective subjects and it was interesting for me to learn.

If you know mysql, then it's easy to learn big data. Learn real applications of big data than getting certified.

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up