Is being non photogenic real or some people are just ugly?

There is always a person in the crowd who doesn't like getting photographed because all there photos don't look nice. At the same time, people capture beggars and weirdest animals and those photos still go up in the photo exhibitions. Some people complain that they are not-photogenic. Or their photos aren't as cool as others. (Facebook Generation Problems - we might call them) But it happens. People ask, Does the camera hate me? - and is there an answer for that?

Posing for a picture can be intimidating. I think it can be self-consciousness. When they know their photo is being taken many people "freeze up" and either look expressionless or creepy. What do you guys think about being photogenic or otherwise?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I am one of the victim.
    70% of time my eyes got closed when flashed is used. I don't know how but it looks like I know when flash is firing 😐

My view is in group photo there is possibility that one of the person get unlucky. but in portrait shots, it's much depends on photographer when and what angle to shoot.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I think being non photogenic ia real. Humans/figures are 3D right? where as photograph is 2D may be how light reflects of these surfaces and gets mapped to a 2D image makes one look ugly in photos. just.. may be!
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Yes it was real.Many people avoid being taken photos of them.They feel that they dont feel same as them in photos.Its not replicated in the photo.

But some of them are photo addict people.Whenever they see a new place,people,dress tgey pose for it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Celkon Mobiles, the manufacturing company in India based in Hyderabad, is one handset maker that has been launching series of smartphones at the mid-budget range. The launch of Celkon A107+...
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, the country's largest passenger car manufacturer, never fails to amaze us. The last time we wrote about them it was about Maruti Ertiga CNG that help...
Data Surveillance Programs like PRISM, TEMPORA & XKeyScore are watching on you, The government is eyeing on everything from what you text via IM to which websites you surf. It's...
FIAT Group Automobiles India Private Limited has launched the new Fiat Punto Sport edition as the 2013 model of the car at the FIAT Caffe in Bengaluru. Though the changes...
Am into my 1st year b.tech.. i want to appear and get good rank in gate 2017..suggest me ebooks and links of study materials related to it..where to start for...