IS assigning of IP through DHCP is SAFE ??

Friends as we know that DHCP(dynamic host configuration protocol) is a fundamental technology to assign IP addresses to computers connected to a network.

One of my friend has told me that his computer occasionally receives a wrong IP address . He was telling that 10.x.x.x address we normally get from my ISP, he got a 192.168.x.x address. That means that there's probably a misconfigured device somewhere on the network. So actually i didnt found any sort of idea on this so hope from u all.. ......

Thank you..

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    It is not a problem
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Ya goyal is right.
    let me explain in brief rishi.
    Actually there are two types of IP address one is dynamic and another one is static.
    Static IP address is used in large network like google IP address is not changed.
    Where as dynamic IP keeps changing every time the computer logs onto the network that,s what your friend find.
    It's not any problem.

Correct me if i m wrong.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    rishi0922
    One of my friend has told me that his computer occasionally receives a wrong IP address . He was telling that 10.x.x.x address we normally get from my ISP, he got a 192.168.x.x address. That means that there's probably a misconfigured device somewhere on the network.
    DHCP for private networks are usually handled by routers in that network, and not given by the ISP. Both 10.x.x.x and 192.168.x.x are valid private address ranges, so it depends on how the router in the particular network is configured. Ask your friend to run a ipconfig/all command at the command prompt to check what IP his gateway is.

DHCP would be recommended for networks with many computers to avoid conflicts. Static private IP addresses are usually given for network devices such as gateways, network printers, etc.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I think we had a similar discussion before as well

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how to move images one by one ? plz give me reply with an example................................
Hi! Everyone, Now I'm taking Bachelor in EEE course and need help with my Final Year Project (FYP). My teacher asked me to do project with using Labview.😡 But I've...
Hello friends, It's my second thread on entc section. We all know that sine waves are used as a radio waves.But i want to know that why sine waves why...
Hi friends.......... I think everybody here is familier to the mystry behind registry. I want to know that can we disable any installed software through registry in windows. As an...
1. A student divided a number by 2/3 when he required to multiply by 3/2. Calculate the percentage of error in his result. 2..What is a percent of b divided...