IRNSS - Satellite of Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System Ready For Launch

As India's Own GPS 'Gagan' To Be Ready By 2014, Says VSSC, here's delivering to you the latest update straight from the Department of Space; the first Satellite of Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) constellation is set to be launched in June this year. The series of Satellites are aimed at providing the accuracy of Real time Location, Navigation and Time services to users 24x7 under all weather conditions. IRNSS focuses on mainly two target users, common civilian users and special authorized users. The IRNSS-1 which would inaugurate the seven-satellite constellation as planned by ISRO, will stay in orbit for a four-month testing period.

IRNSS

India has planned a total of 12 missions, including launch vehicles and satellites, in the coming year. The Rs 450 crore Mars orbiter is scheduled to launch in October-November this year. You'd be glad to know that India now has the largest constellation of remote sensing satellites in civilian sphere dedicated to land & water, oceanography, cartography and environment.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Great to know that India has largest constellation of remote sensing satellites. I hope relevant agencies have plans to make the best use of them.
  • lal
    lal
    That sounds interesting. Does that mean there will be something new of Indian make like GPS, Glonass, Galileo or Beidou?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey I was working this in my mind and found this question unanswered after a long time Can you guys tell can a device which is working in AC mains...
So, my GFX card is fried (Kids! too much OC'ing is baaad) & thus I am back to Intel inbuilt chipset (FML!) As usual,I can't suppress the urge of gaming...
Nokia's going bullish on the Lumia brand in the Indian markets and the latest Lumia 520 is expected to launch in India in the next few days. The phone was...
i have one new HC SR04, i have few serious doubts about it... 1. how can i test it. 2. i tried watcing its echo on DSO but it was...
kindly someone help me to resolve d problem.....